Have any naturals tried the My Honeychild Products???

alibi

hair bored
I'm thinking about ordering some, and wanted to know if we have any reviews? Tai suggested that I check out the website, and I'm glad I did. :) The lady that makes them has products formulated specifically for every type of natural hair, and the ingredients sound yummy! :lick: I even emailed her my album link yesterday so she could make recs based on my actual photos, and she got back to me this morning! :grin: She suggested that I use the Herbal Hair Cocktail and the Type 2/3 Cream. Before I take the plunge, just wondering if anyone has tried these, or any of her other products? Thanks.

www.myhoneychild.com

Thanks for the links Sassy, I guess I could have done a search first! :dork: :lol: Anyways, with all the rave reviews, I will definitely be ordering! I'll let you guys know what I think! :)

I refuse to try it....
I won't look, becaues I will buy something......
fudge it <getting my card>

@ Chinagem - Please, please let us know what you bought and if you like it!!! :)

@ Divine - I don't even know why you're trying to resist! :lol: Her products sound so yummy, they can make any recovering PJ fall off the wagon! :lol:

Anyways, I spoke to her on the phone today, and she's SO NICE!!! I'll be placing my order in a few minutes, but I'm having them shipped to Florida so they will be there when I get home on the 6th. I will definitely let you all know how it goes! If anyone else has reviews in the meantime, please let us know! :grin:

Ayanapooh, what email address did you use to contact Myhoneychild? I tried the yahoo one that's on the site and my email said they couldn't find that email address.

Thanks.

ayanapooh said:
@ Chinagem - Please, please let us know what you bought and if you like it!!! :)

@ Divine - I don't even know why you're trying to resist! :lol: Her products sound so yummy, they can make any recovering PJ fall off the wagon! :lol:

Anyways, I spoke to her on the phone today, and she's SO NICE!!! I'll be placing my order in a few minutes, but I'm having them shipped to Florida so they will be there when I get home on the 6th. I will definitely let you all know how it goes! If anyone else has reviews in the meantime, please let us know! :grin:

I know man...
i'm getting
My hair needs a 3/4 creme
Carribean Hair Activator

@ Tai - I couldn't get the one on the website to work either. I used the "submit info" page on the website and left a message w/my email address, and she responded right away from [email protected] :)

@ Tigerlily - I just ordered, I can't WAIT!!! :grin:

ayanapooh said:
@ Tai - I couldn't get the one on the website to work either. I used the "submit info" page on the website and left a message w/my email address, and she responded right away from [email protected] :)

@ Tigerlily - I just ordered, I can't WAIT!!! :grin:

What cha get ?

I got the Herbal Hair Cocktail, Honey love Moisturizer, and the My Hair Needs a 2/3 Creme. :D :D :D I was going to order more, but I was trying to practice some restraint. :look:

I got
Carribean Hair Activator 4oz
My Hair Needs a Combination 3/4 Creme
Honey Hair Soy Milk 8oz

I will try these out and then get more later if it really works...
tell me about the hair cocktail once u try it.

Just to let u ladies know what I received today, I got: Caribbean Hair Activator, Herbal Hair Cocktail, and Warm Vanilla Soy Hair Rinse. I can't wait to try them! I plan to get the hair creme for type 4 hair.

I recently ordered the "My hair needs a type 3/4 combination hair creme", I can't wait until it arrives. I'm sure that many of the products from this line will be some of my product staples pretty soon, the ingredients are wonderful!

Thanks, Ayanapooh. Her products sound too good to pass up but the last thing I want to do is end up with products that don't work.

Chinagem, have you used any of the products you received yet?

This morning, before I went to work I sprayed my hair with the Herbal Hair Cocktail. Ingredients: Distilled water, Chamomile extract, seaweed complex, herbal extract, yarrow, mint and honey essence oil. Directions: apply to hair as a leave-in or before applying heavy creme-based products.

After spritzing my hair with this, I applied the Caribbean hair activator. Ingredients: sal butter, shea butter, glycerin, rosemary, and lime essential oil. Directions: apply daily to wet or dry hair.

I was worried this morning b/c the products are "lite" for lack of a better word. I guess I'm used to my hair feeling coated. After I spritzed my hair, I applied the activator and massaged it into my hair. My hair was not left greasy. In fact, it felt as tho I'd only put on water. It was very light and soft considering I'd just washed my hair the other day and the washing left my hair feeling extremely parched. I wrapped my hair with a cotton fabric while it was still damp and went on my way to work. The job that I have requires me to be out and about throughout the day so I was exposed to the sun a lot. However, when I came home and removed my wrap, my hair was still soft. I'm happy b/c I was worried that since I didn't get that familiar coated feel to my hair that the products hadn't really done anything for my hair and that my hair would feel parched again this afternoon especially b/c of the cotton. I hope this info. helps somebody a little bit. I still need to try the Warm vanilla soy rinse. As soon as I try it, I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, Chinagem.

I just got my reply from Krika (boy, is she fast. I just emailed her a few hours ago.) She suggested the Type 3 hair cream and the Herbal Hair Cocktail. I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge soon. :)

Okay..when you guys wrote her..what exactly did you ask her.. just if she can make any suggestions based upon your hair from the pics or did you also say that you were looking to define your curls, moisturize, etc??

I'm gonna be writing her very soon..:lol:

I asked her what products she recommended to reduce shrinkage, add a bit of shine, and reduce frizz. And I sent her two pics of my hair so she could get an idea of what kind of hair I had.

Tai said:
I asked her what products she recommended to reduce shrinkage, add a bit of shine, and reduce frizz. And I sent her two pics of my hair so she could get an idea of what kind of hair I had.
That's exactly what I want to do.. but also to add moisture.. cool..Thanks Tai!!

And uh..your PM's are full.. so you can't get anymore.. clear out that box girl..:lol:

I cleared out my PM's RushGirl.

Let us know what products she recommends for you. :)

She has a new lotion type moisturizer coming out soon! White Chocolate Creamy Pomade. I think both relaxed and natural ladies will like it. :) I thought it was going to be loud like Palmer's Cocoa Butter. :nono: But it has a light, chocolate dessert scent. :lick:

Her products smell and feel so good I want to use ALL of them every day. I had to split them up between daytime and nighttime. :lol:

That's like asking me to pick a favorite child. :lol:

I will definitely be repurchasing the Natural Hair Humectants, the hair cream and the Caribbean activator cream. I also have the Caribbean Activator Lotion, the Old Fashioned Hair Grease and the Lemon Hair Pudding Lotion.

Does anyone want to donate to my February rent fund? :look:

sassygirl125 said:
That's like asking me to pick a favorite child. :lol:

I will definitely be repurchasing the Natural Hair Humectants, the hair cream and the Caribbean activator cream. I also have the Caribbean Activator Lotion, the Old Fashioned Hair Grease and the Lemon Hair Pudding Lotion.

Does anyone want to donate to my February rent fund? :look:
:lachen: @ favorite child comment

Is there anything that you won't be repurchasing?? Maybe that's an easier question.. When is that White Chocolate Creamy Pompade coming out??.. do I really want to know? :lol:

Back