Has your morning routine changed on your HHJ?

UniquelyDivine

I was thinking about quick I can do my hair now that I am actually doing things the right way. I used to spend 30-40 minutes frying my hair in the mornings now I wet bun it or put on a HW and go on about my biz. How has your morning routine changed now that your taking care of your hair the right way?

I was thinking about quick I can do my hair now that I am actually doing things the right way. I used to spend 30-40 minutes frying my hair in the mornings now I wet bun it or put on a HW and go on about my biz. How has your morning routine changed now that your taking care of your hair the right way?

That used to be me as well. I hate waking up extra early to curl my hair, only to have the curls falls as soon as I strolled outside. Braidouts, buns, and ponytails are not only saving my hair, but saving me time as well.

All this summer, I have been cowashing during my morning shower, putting a t-shirt over my hair while I get dressed, then pulling my hair into a wet bun. Before that I was still doing the first two steps, but I would just wear a WNG. The past two winters I got into the habit of braiding or twisting it up at night, and that way in the morning I just unravel and go about my business. So yeah, a lot faster than plugging up the flat iron, waiting for it to heat up, and coating the heck out of my hair with oil sheen or some mineral oil-based "moisturizer".

Since I BCed over a week ago, it takes me less than 5 minutes to do my hair compared to the 15 it did before. I love that!

Actually my styling/routine didn't change at all since the start of my HHJ, with the exception of doing braidouts. Its the products & ingredients that changed for me. What has made a huge difference is growing and retaining length so that I have more styling options - buns, updos and such. They are lifesavers, not just protective styles for me!

I totally agree. When I'm bunning, I save a lot of time in the morning! Braidouts can be kinda time consuming if you discover in the morning that they aren't completely dry or didn't come out right....

I feel that I spend more time in the mirror now than before with trying to get my buns sleek and neat than when I use to wear my hair down. When wearing it down, I would unwrap my hair in the morning and go! Took like 2 minutes max. Now, I'm in the mirror WAY too long time to ensure my bun doesn't look anorexic and it's professional looking. I need to speed this process up big time.

I feel that I spend more time in the mirror now than before with trying to get my buns sleek and neat than when I use to wear my hair down. When wearing it down, I would unwrap my hair in the morning and go! Took like 2 minutes max. Now, I'm in the mirror WAY too long time to ensure my bun doesn't look anorexic and it's professional looking. I need to speed this process up big time.

You could wrap your edges at night to have them ready to go in the morning, I have done this and it helps ALOT! I also found this weird spongy bun thing at Wally World to help bulk my bun up until I have more of my own hair.

The morning routine is super simple now maybe 3 minutes to put it in in claw clips and or a combination of claw clips and a ponytail. And regardless I look put together within a very short time!

You could wrap your edges at night to have them ready to go in the morning, I have done this and it helps ALOT! I also found this weird spongy bun thing at Wally World to help bulk my bun up until I have more of my own hair.
Do you have a photo or link to the spongy thingy? My buns look awesome when I sock bun but I like to do different things so that my hair is not damaged by the same 'ole look daily.

Back