Has the Elucence MBC formula changed???

VinDieselsWifey

i just got my bottle of the MBC a few days ago and it is NOT like it used to be. it used to be light and creamy almost like lotion. the ingredients are the same and in the same order, but now it feels almost like petroluem jelly. it's very, very thick and kinda hard to spread. i still had a little left over from my last bottle so i could compare the two. the color is a little off too.

i haven't ordered this in over a year, so if it has changed this is all new to me. but i don't think i like this new formula. :nono:

Please don't tell me that! It's my favorite conditioner. I just ordered a new bottle a few days ago. The last time I ordered was in July, and I still have a little left. When my new bottle comes in, I'll compare the two and hope it's the same.

i just got my bottle of the MBC a few days ago and it is NOT like it used to be. it used to be light and creamy almost like lotion. the ingredients are the same and in the same order, but now it feels almost like petroluem jelly. it's very, very thick and kinda hard to spread. i still had a little left over from my last bottle so i could compare the two. the color is a little off too.

i haven't ordered this in over a year, so if it has changed this is all new to me. but i don't think i like this new formula. :nono:

sounds like you got an old bottle

Darn it. I hope they didn't change it. I'm still working on a bottle I ordered last Winter and I was going to re up but not if they changed the consistency.

My EMBC has always been a little thick but like a lighter petroleum jelly. The color is like a transparent white.

I have 10oz, Liter, and 1/2 Gallon bottles, and they're all the same. The 10oz and 1/2 Gallon were purchased this summer, and I had the Liter for over a year.

I still hope they haven't changed it, though :(. If they do, I have enough to last me for a good minute until I can find a replacement, probably Kenra MC since it's so close to how EMBC works.

OP, where did you get it from? Mine is thick and creamy and kinda pearlized...not at all like petroleum jelly.

OP, where did you get it from? Mine is thick and creamy and kinda pearlized...not at all like petroleum jelly.

This is a good description of what mine looks like, too.

Also, I posted a thread a while back on how the KENRA name is EMBOSSED(?) at the bottom of my Elucence bottle.

I can buy Elucence locally and this current bottle is almost out so maybe I can get by the store and check it out sometime soon (this week, hopefully).

This is a good description of what mine looks like, too.

Also, I posted a thread a while back on how the KENRA name is EMBOSSED(?) at the bottom of my Elucence bottle.

I can buy Elucence locally and this current bottle is almost out so maybe I can get by the store and check it out sometime soon (this week, hopefully).

Isn't Elasta, Elucence and Kenra all made by the same manufacturer?

Isn't Elasta, Elucence and Kenra all made by the same manufacturer?

I think they are all of the same kinfolk.

http://www.imperialcap.com/portfolio_current.html#kenra

A Leading Manufacturer and Marketer of Professional and Ethnic Hair Care Products.

The operating assets of Kenra were acquired by Imperial Capital in February 2007. Kenra, based in Indianapolis, has produced and marketed professional hair care products since 1959. Together with its flagship Kenra brand, the company produces and markets the Kenra Platinum line of products, consisting of advanced shampoos, conditioners and styling formulas for colour-treated and damaged hair. Kenra also produces and markets Elasta QP, a line of ethnically-oriented hair care products. Kenra’s products are marketed to professional salons throughout North America and have had significant regional success in specific areas throughout America, including the Midwest, the Southeast and California. Imperial Capital believes the company has a strong brand that will be able to further penetrate the North American market, and that the company represents a strong platform for future growth.

http://interhair.com/classified1.php?action=show&link_id=634

Kenra Acquired By Imperial Capital Corporation
February, 16 2007

Kenra, LLC, Indianapolis-based manufacturer and marketer of beauty and hair care products since1929 has been recently acquired by Imperial Capital Corporation of Toronto, Ontario. The brands of Kenra, Ltd. include Kenra Classic, Kenra Platinum, Elasta QP and Elucence.

Patrick Ludwig, President of Kenra, noted, “Kenra, in partnership with our distributor network, has always strived to deliver the highest quality products and services exclusively to the professional salon industry. As a result, we have experienced 10 years of outstanding growth, and we anticipate this trend to accelerate. Kenra has already established a strong working relationship with Imperial Capital, and we believe it will have a positive impact on our business moving forward. Our primary objective has always been, and will continue to be, to exceed the expectations of our loyal salons, stylists and their clients.”

Kenra, Ltd. also formulates and markets the Elucence and Elasta QP product lines. Elucence, a multi-cultural professional offering, is an emerging brand made from natural ingredients. Elucence blends proteins, lipids, vitamins and minerals together into special formulas designed to balance, strengthen, condition and relax your hair.

Elasta QP is a leading, trusted hair care brand for African-American women and men. Respected nationally as a manufacturer of high-quality products, Elasta QP targets both the professional as well as the consumer base. Originally marketed solely as a professional [salon] product, Elasta QP is now considered a preferred, global brand for stylists and consumers alike. Elasta QP continues to embrace and to promote natural, healthy hair with products that enhance this state of hair. “A longtime provider of quality hair care products, the Elasta QP brand can be found in retail locations across North America and beyond. Imperial Capital’s reputation and strong record of helping companies grow and prosper are a perfect complement to our solid distribution base, salon following, and loyal consumers.” says Dave Gordon, President of Elasta QP / Elucence. “We look forward to working with them as we continue to develop and market the very finest products for men and women of color.”

VDW where did you order it from? I've always seen it as thick but creamy, not like petroleum like daephae said. I've always said if they change the formula I'm a goner cause it took forever for me to stumble upon that. I only use Elucence products. I've read the ingredients on Kenra and Elasta and they are not the same.

I'm thinking that she isn't talking about thick or looking exactly like petroleum jelly. But it does have a lighter consistency. It's thick, and has the white-ish transparent color like petroleum jelly.

I sure hope they have not changed the formula this is my favorite conditioner and a must in my hair regimen.
I still have a liter size and I always order from Pleasant Image.com.

i bought it from naturallycurly.com's curlmart cause pleasantimage.com said i had to order $75 worth of products before they would ship to an APO address.

i used it for my leave in and i had to thin it out with water. but once it dried my hair felt great like it normally would. i guess i will just have to dilute it with water to get it to spread easily on my hair

Last edited:
Back