Has anyone used this product?

lamluvston

Hi all,

Have any of you tried Bigen Haircolor (a yellow and white box with a drawing of an oriental lady on the front)? I'm natural and want to go a bit darker than my natural dark brown. Just wondering if any of you have had good luck with this product. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Tonia

Hi I have many years ago...in fact it really dried my hair out and caused me to have to get a short cut. Now for me it just did not mix well with my relaxer. A professional put it in for me and for a while it was fine, then my hair started to get real dry and break off. You have to take special care of relaxed hair with a color and perhaps I was not using the right shampoo and mositurizer. But you are natural with no other chemicals in your hair so I am sure it would work for you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used the Oriental Black a couple of months ago. The color was good but my hair had a dry feel. I think I needed to do a super duper moisturizing treatment afterwards instead of my regular moisturizing routine.

I use Clairol Textures and Tones now. I don't get dry hair with this product but it does contain peroxide.

I have not used this, but have heard a HORROR story about a woman losing most of her hair because the product did not sit well with her hair. If you want to go darker, I advise a rinse . Jazzing, Fanciful, or Sebastian Cellophane are ones that I have used and each time with great results and added protection to my hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Same results here: it dried my hair out, too. I don't use color often--maybe 5 times in my whole life. But relaxers were turning my hair red and I used to use a semi permanent color called Adore a few times a year. I really liked it.

I have used it and it put my hair in the worse condition even though it's suppose to be peroxide free. My hair became very dry with this product. I now use Nice and Easy and it works far better than that Begin. Plus, the color wore off in about 3 1/2 months.

Thanks everyone .....you all saved me from possibly dealing with overdry hair /images/graemlins/shocked.gif My hair is finally back to feeling silky again after years of not treating it as well as I should. I don't want a color treatment that will change my texture or dry it out. Are cellophanes more gentle than semipermanent colors?

Back