Has anyone used Cantu leave-in?

ManeVixen

leave-in-conditioner-repair-cream.jpg

I decided to give this product along with my miss jessies curly pudding another try. However, this leaves tons of white buildup in my hair. it looks like i have REALLY bad dandruff!!!:perplexed And this happens as soon as i apply it. is anyone else experiencing this?

Before I even clicked on your thread I immediately thought of "buildup". This was one of the first leave-ins that I purchased when I joined LCHF and I was not satisified with it. I started adding it to my spray bottle with water and oil to get rid of it.

It doesn't mix well with other products, but I love the way it smells and makes my hair feel. I just use a little bit and wipe the excess off with a wet towel.:blush:

I just bought this over the weekend. I mixed it with some olive oil and MN and applied it to my scalp. It sat on my scalp for a minute but when it absorbed, my new growth was soft ( fluffy-like) and moisturized.:lick: I've only used it in my MN mix so I don't know how it will do on the rest of my hair, but its definately something I'll keep and use in moderation. I don't like the fact that it doesn't absorb right away, but when it does its worth the money. For me its a keeper.

I have been keeping my eye out for this on the sly. And all the time i go into stores like gaint,cvs, walmart or target i can not find this line at all.

I use this. I love it. I only use a small amount and I massage it into my hair before rollersetting.

ITA with GF on the rollersetting part and I aslo dry with heat. It is a great detangler too but unfortunately it leaves my hair stick stiff when I air-dry my hair with it. Hence the rollersetting.

Rumor has it that it is excellent for 4a/b hair type. My daughter with 4a natural hair hates this stuff with a passion. She won't allow me to put this on her hair and I just don't like it its too thick for my hair.

I absolutely LOVE this stuff :love:-its an excellent moisturizer and curl defining product for my hair. But it does not mix well with GLYCERIN-BASED moisturizer (which my hair doesn't totally agree with anyway, ie. S-curl, activator gels besides Fantasia IC). It also gives great rollersets :yep:

I LOOOVE Cantu leave-in! :drunk: I use it for wash and gos and it gives me great curl definition. I've never had any problems with it. My only complaint is that it's not sold in any stores around here so I have to buy it online. I purchase it from drugstore.com.

this did NOTHING for my hair... so I passed it along to my son :grin:

actually, its one of the few things Ive found to make his hair manageable

I like it, besides from making your hair grey if you use too much. I like the way it softens my newgrowth, and the smell! I only use it after I wash or cw.

i'm hoping maybe its my dry hair but when it dries my hair feels hard and it smells fishy....i'm gonna use it up as some sort of pre poo thingy and thats it

This stuff made a good moisturizer for me. I am a 4a natural and applied it to my hair when it was wet. Maybe it works best when applied to wet natural hair?

Yep!!! Same here. Just as I had put the Cantu on my hair- I remembered other posts saying don't mix with gels or it leaves lil mothballs all over your head. Nevertheless, my hand was already in my head.

I set my hair with Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, and voila -white balls throughout my hair but especially in the front where most of the Cantu was.

My hair was cute, but white build up was on my strands. I went to work anyway and picked out the white stuff as the day went along.

I got many compliments on my hair.

Just don't mix Cantu. It's better for a "wash and go (as is)". DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER PRODUCTS!!!!

I hate it. It made my hair hard and even a small amount left white specks in my hair. Its sitting under my sink now and I don't even know what to mix with it to try and make it better. I'm going to toss it when I do my Spring cleaning.

i have a couple of almost jars of this stuff plus some other cantu products collecting dust somewhere.........i tried to like them when i was transitioning and just wasn't feeling it. they also left my hair hard and coated (except the creamy one) but now i wonder.......could i have used too much.

have any of you ladies mixed in any oils with it and used it on your entire head?

how'd it turn out? was it still hard? did that weird coated feeling go away?

Back