Has anyone used Cantu leave-in?

i have a couple of almost jars of this stuff plus some other cantu products collecting dust somewhere.........i tried to like them when i was transitioning and just wasn't feeling it. they also left my hair hard and coated (except the creamy one) but now i wonder.......could i have used too much.

have any of you ladies mixed in any oils with it and used it on your entire head?

how'd it turn out? was it still hard? did that weird coated feeling go away?

I've used it with coconut oil and Seyani hair butter without any problems. I use it on my whole head after washing. I part my hair in about 6 sections and apply the leave in to each section and massage it into my hair followed by the oil or butter.

I LOVE it. I use it straight up after a co-wash with nothing else in the hair. It leaves my hair soft and fluffy.

Doesn't do anything special for me. In fact, leave my hair hard. I won't be buying this again. I will be mixing my own moisturizer and using shea butter as a base...now all i need to do is buy the darn shea butter!!!

I absolutely LOVE this stuff :love:-its an excellent moisturizer and curl defining product for my hair. But it does not mix well with GLYCERIN-BASED moisturizer (which my hair doesn't totally agree with anyway, ie. S-curl, activator gels besides Fantasia IC). It also gives great rollersets :yep:

It doesn't mix well with the fantasia either. It left white gummy crap all through my hair. It was hell to get out.

Wow! I bought this today, and dug in. It smelled good and my hair was so dry, so I just applied it all over my head, like a pre-poo. Now I can't get my fingers out of my hair. My hair is super soft and moist. :grin: I'm thinking this may be better than my NTM Silk Touch leave-in, but I don't want to give this too much props yet.

If you read the bottle it says not to apply to new growth. I wash my hair then apply this leave in (just a little) and comb through. It gives a great feeling, shine and protects my hair when & if I blowdry.

Using it daily it what made my hair really get some buildup. I use it like, 3 times a week (in the REALLY dry months) just for the ends though and then do a clip or something. I quite like this stuff. Smells yummy.

Oh yeah, & its perfect IMO for a braid out. apply a little to each plait before you braid and when you take it out the next day its so soft. Gah, I love it.

Back