Has anyone tried Silk Amino Acid B4 using a relaxer??

Misshairdiva

I remember a few weeks ago reading about putting silk amino acid on hair before applying a relaxer to minimize the damages. Has anyone in here tried this?? And if so what were the results??
I bought chi silk amino.. I dont use it, I think it smells like a mans cologne!:wallbash:

I think next time I will get the one someone mentioned from lotioncrafters that has no smell. Has anyone tried that one??

I remember a few weeks ago reading about putting silk amino acid on hair before applying a relaxer to minimize the damages. Has anyone in here tried this?? And if so what were the results??
I bought chi silk amino.. I dont use it, I think it smells like a mans cologne!:wallbash:

I think next time I will get the one someone mentioned from lotioncrafters that has no smell. Has anyone tried that one??

i bought the one from lotioncrafters and it smells like fish! i have put SAA in my perm and didn't notice any major differences

I used Aphogee intensive Keratin conditioner on my relaxed ends hopig to buffer my relaxed ends. I used Olive oil lye regular and still got super duper over processed. That stuff was like pure lye and too darn strong. That will be the first and last time I ever use that relaxer.

I use the Chi Silk Infusion on the entire head (by sections) about an 1 - 2 hours prior to relaxing and it works wonders. My hair is much silkier when I relax and it feels much stronger with very little shedding. I have done this for the last 4 touch-ups.

I use the Chi Silk Infusion on the entire head (by sections) about an 1 - 2 hours prior to relaxing and it works wonders. My hair is much silkier when I relax and it feels much stronger with very little shedding. I have done this for the last 4 touch-ups.

I do the same exact thing as Momo. No breakage, great shine.

2 weeks ago, I used it 24 hours before my relaxer and it was the best self-relax I've had. I sprayed it on then went to bed, got up and did my touchup. Very little breakage and great shine afterwards. This stuff is a keeper.

Yes, all the time. I put it on my hair (including the newgrowth) the night before the relaxer and then base my scalp with vasseline in the morning. Relaxer comes up perfect! ;)

2 weeks ago, I used it 24 hours before my relaxer and it was the best self-relax I've had. I sprayed it on then went to bed, got up and did my touchup. Very little breakage and great shine afterwards. This stuff is a keeper.

What she said. I've been doing this for over a year - it makes a significant difference in the strength, softness, and shine. I also add it to my reconstructor.

I did it on my already relaxed hair... the morning of the relaxer... I get texlaxed.. but I swear it was a difference.. wasn't as flat.. (I have kind of fine hair anyway).. I will continue to do it since I have like 2 bottles of SAA...

Back