Has Anyone Taken The Pink Pill?

I posted my thoughts in Priss' other thread at least a month or two ago. I think I was probably one of the firsts on LHcF to get.

It's not for me because I've been around here so long in all the Fem/Sensuality/Level Up type threads, so to speak, but I can see how its helpful to other women who've only been on the outskirts of other ecosystems.

Re: The comparison of the women of both. I think the women who participate regularly in PPs group are women who truly aren't there yet. They really dont know. I dont think its fair to attack their looks. The women who stumble upon Ro and are elevated by Ro are in completely different stage in life. I frankly would not credit Ro with those women's polished look. I've been on her threads enough to know it's quite a few of her followers who are at the same level of some PP women. It's just the women that Ro elevates were already starting out at a PP grad school level than CKs more introductory program. CK elevates everyone and anyone. Plus PP is a more welcoming space for women struggling with pulling a style together to get feedback. Women struggling under Ro will be less likely to speak up.

I haven't checked out one of her newest modules (wont say its name), but from what I've heard alot of black women could learn to listen to that. CK is aware she needs a copy editor and will likely need to add more upper level modules for folks like us, who did not find it groundbreaking due to our exposure/interests.

That said, a woman who is not on LhCF on a regular basis could definitely learn alot and good on CK for starting at that level. Because by FB group....its clear there's an audience for it.

Personally, I'm think at the PP 401/1st Yr Masters Program level (in terms of knowledge not application :look:) and will still see something new to benefit me every few weeks or so.

And for the love of all that's holy, please stop pooping on Moscatos. :angry2: It's a dessert wine. Before it was discovered as delicious by us folks, 2520s enjoyed it. It wreaks of try hard-antiblackness to suddenly shun something because its popular with black folks. And I say this as someone who doesn't drink Moscato, but not because of black people but because I dont want to drink something that sweet with my seafood dinner. Lol.

Just.stahp.

Order your Reisling, Rose, Chardonnay whatever...expand your pallet for drier dinner wines....great...just please stop pooping on Moscato. Lol. I roll my eyes everytime a black person does this. Total Wine was not stocking Moscatos for YEARS for the negros....so. stahp. it. Restaurants with Moscato on the menu that serves like 5 blk people a year wasnt only stocking it for us. It's a dessert wine..no more no less. Knowing when appropriately order it is better than saying don't order it because people will think you're a low class black person. :rolleyes:

And for the love of all that's holy, please stop pooping on Moscatos. :angry2: It's a dessert wine. Before it was discovered as delicious by us folks, 2520s enjoyed it. It wreaks of try hard-antiblackness to suddenly shun something because its popular with black folks. And I say this as someone who doesn't drink Moscato, but not because of black people but because I dont want to drink something that sweet with my seafood dinner. Lol.

Just.stahp.

Order your Reisling, Rose, Chardonnay whatever...expand your pallet for drier dinner wines....great...just please stop pooping on Moscato. Lol. I roll my eyes everytime a black person does this. Total Wine was not stocking Moscatos for YEARS for the negros....so. stahp. it. Restaurants with Moscato on the menu that serves like 5 blk people a year wasnt only stocking it for us. It's a dessert wine..no more no less. Knowing when appropriately order it is better than saying don't order it because people will think you're a low class black person. :rolleyes:
I’m glad you said it’s a dessert wine. I didn’t know that. Learn something new everyday. Ahhh so if I order a nice slice of cake I should pair it with a Moscato?

I’m glad you said it’s a dessert wine. I didn’t know that. Learn something new everyday. Ahhh so if I order a nice slice of cake I should pair it with a Moscato?

The wine is the dessert to me, but you can pair with pies, mini cakes...even sorbets. I simply wouldn't because its sweet on sweet. Instead, I'd get the least dessert like option (berries or something like that) to pair or just drink it alone as my dessert while someone else is having tea or coffee and something sweet for example.

I've also seen Moscato paired with a charcuterie board/cheese assortment (careful with cheese types tho....lol). Say you're not in the mood or the group won't be having dinner. then sure pair your board/antipasto or cheeses with a port or a moscato should you choose.

Last edited:
The wine is the dessert to me, but you can pair with pies, mini cakes...even sorbets. I simply wouldn't because its sweet on sweet. Instead, I'd get the least dessert like option (berries or something like that) to pair or just drink it alone as my dessert while someone else is having tea or coffee and something sweet for example.

I've also seen Moscato paired with a charcuterie board/cheese assortment (careful with cheese types tho....lol). Say you're not in the mood or the group won't be having dinner. then sure pair your board/antipasto or cheeses with a port or a moscato should you choose.

It's often listed as a dessert wine on restaurant menus here. So nope, not just you lol.

Actually, I thought white wine should be held by the stem and red wine should be held by the glass because the heat from your hands warms it up and releases more of the notes?
I have never heard this. True, your hands can change the temperature of the wine which is part of the reason you are supposed to hold wine glasses by the stem.

I actually never noticed before but I use my stemless wine glasses for my reds usually and my chilled wines I use my wine glasses with stems. I told an ex it's because my reds "taste better" in the stemless glasses :laugh: So maybe there's some truth to it. Interesting.

Actually, I thought white wine should be held by the stem and red wine should be held by the glass because the heat from your hands warms it up and releases more of the notes?
I have never heard this. True, your hands can change the temperature of the wine which is part of the reason you are supposed to hold wine glasses by the stem.

I actually never noticed before but I use my stemless wine glasses for my reds usually and my chilled wines I use my wine glasses with stems. I told an ex it's because my reds "taste better" in the stemless glasses :laugh: So maybe there's some truth to it. Interesting.

So out of curiosity I looked it up, and there are some back and forth thoughts on this but most consensus is hold the glasses at the base. I don't drink so.... but still I can always learn. I found this etiquette video on the subject and it seemed interesting and quick

She starts talking about wine glasses at .34 seconds in ( the types of wine glasses: wider one for red wine, etc) and how to hold them. Earlier she's just talking date etiquette stuff.

This is who she is if anyone is curious. I'm not pitching anything of hers to you as I just thought it was great to have a woman of color teaching etiquette stuff:

https://hotgirletiquette.com/about/
About Phire Dawson

Phire Dawson Cole is an actress, NFL dancer, professional model, and former beauty queen. She was born and raised in Connecticut; and moved to Atlanta where she Graduated from Spelman College with a degree in English and Writing. After graduating she traded in the pom-poms for a desk at CNN, then moved to LA to model and act; now she’s back to her roots as a writer.

With her knowledge of presentation and grace, lifestyle, social networking trends, and always experiencing the after “after-party”… She has written a book to show the modern way to be a classy lady with all the perks.

“With my career I have lived by these etiquette rules on television, on stage, and in front of thousands of people. Flyy Girl Etiquette is about balancing class and enjoying life without regrets or embarrassment to yourself, damaging relationships, or limiting your future.”– Phire Dawson Cole

Last edited:

Just.stahp.

This post tickled me. Funny, when I think of Moscato I automatically think of ‘us’ because we are the main ones to order it. There’s nothing wrong with Moscato either, but there’s just so many different types of wine out there, there’s no real reason to get boxed into only ordering that one.

I grew tired of Moscatos and White Zinfandels years ago in my 20s. The sugary sweetness, would eventually give me a headache. That’s when I started trying the Pinot Grigios and the Chardonnays, which still were whites, but just had an air of sweetness vs tasting like acidic fruit juice.

Now, I’m pretty much at a point where everything I drink is dry and most likely a red (Cab, Pinot Noir, Malbec) or if I want something sweet, maybe a red blend or Rose.

If anyone wants to give a nice Rose or light Red blend a try, I recommend wines by the McBride sisters. I was introduced to them a few months ago, when they came to Houston for a speaking engagement. They are black women, sisters and have a really interesting story about how they got in the wine making business. You can find their wines in most Kroger stores and they are very reasonable, $11 or $12 a bottle. All of the wines are very good, light and floral. They would be good starter wines for people who are trying to transition out of the Moscato and Zinfandel world.

Back