Has anyone studied the Nephilim in the bible?

qtgirl said:
Genesis 6:2-4 (King James Version)
2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

And does "sons of God" definitely refer to angels and not human beings?

Yes, definitely. Because in the chapter they make a distinction( I don't know if I'm making sense, but it seems as if they're definitely distinguishing between mortals and the "Sons of God":
Genesis 6 (Amplified Bible)
1WHEN MEN began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them,
2The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair, and they took wives of all they desired and chose.

3Then the Lord said, My Spirit shall not forever dwell and strive with man, for he also is flesh; but his days shall yet be 120 years.

4There were giants on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God lived with the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
classimami713 said:
And does "sons of God" definitely refer to angels and not human beings?

TBird said:
It doesn't make sense to me that Satan would need to pervert the seed of man if Adam and Eve never sinned. If they never sinned there would be no need for Christ to come. There is nothing in the Bible that mentions Eve having relations with anyone other than Adam. Once they ate of the fruit the Bible says they became ashamed and hid from the face of God. As far as the Nephilim, these were children brought about by angels materializing and coming to earth and having sex relations with women. At one point angels could take on the 'form' of men. But God stopped this because they were using it for wrong purposes.

The passage they are referring to is from the time of Noah, after Eden, after Adam and Eve had already sinned. This isnt saying Eve had relations with these beings, but humans later on down the line.

Back