Has anyone STOPPED using MTG??

Avin'sMom2010

I started out using it in Dec 05' but I stopped using it about 3 weeks ago I hate that gummy feeling on my scalp plus I like to cond/rinse my hair daily (I'm Addicted) :).......the only thing that I want on my scalp after I cond rinse is a leave in (water soluable) I'm loving the African Pride leave in.....SO am I the only one that started on the bandwagon and HOPPED OFF :)

I never though I would ever quit but I did for now. When I work out the smell still kicks up from the scalp. I've been using my own olive, castor oil, and sulfur mix and its doing well but mtg is still better to me. I think I'm going to MTG on the weekends wash out on Sunday night.

I don't use it anymore either. I couldn't deal with the smell no matter how much I tried to mask it, too greasy, didn't see any significant change in my hair and to top it all off, it messed up my jewelry and my cute hair accessories. I was really ticked off about my jewelry and hair accessories.

Back when it was first introduced on the board I got it but stopped using it after about a month . I just didn't like it.

I don't use it anymore either. The smell was too annoying for me. I want to make my own sulfur mixture.

XXXtacy said:
:wave::look:

Yep. Not even a month did I last. The smell and greasiness made it difficult for me to keep it up.

A month would have been good. I lasted about a week.It was too smelly and messy for me.:(

Me too....I just couldnt hang. I havent even put a dent in that big ol bottle yet. It seriously made my nose burn. Besides that, it completely stained my pillowcases, even if its been days since I initially put it in. Ugh, that stuff definately will be outta the quesetion once summer rolls around.

I stopped. My ears were burning like hell (allergic reaction), my scalp always felt tight and dry (even after I washed it), and the smell was hard to get out of my hijabs (had to wash some of them 5 times).

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I don't use it anymore either. I couldn't deal with the smell no matter how much I tried to mask it, too greasy, didn't see any significant change in my hair and to top it all off, it messed up my jewelry and my cute hair accessories. I was really ticked off about my jewelry and hair accessories.

Girllll, tell me about it...I was buying new earings like EVERY WEEK!!! plus my hair just wasn't feeling right when I washed, it actually made it feel kinda hard :(....it feels A WHOLE LOT BETTER NOW without that stuff!! LOL

I stopped because I'm highly sensitive and the sulphur in that stuff made me light headed. I was seeing stars after each application. I didn't experience any extra growth. I bought two bottles....oh well.

What a pity....I aint stopped..I just started 2wks ago!.....but i hope to stop june/july! when it gets really hot!..........

JamericanGurl said:
Add me to the list! It stank and tarnished my jewelry! I'm way too vain for that!:mad:

Yeah, I got pissed about the jewelry thang. I scaled down considerably. Only when I have absolutely nowhere to go for a couple days. That's about 3-4 days out of every month.

JamericanGurl said:
Add me to the list! It stank and tarnished my jewelry! I'm way too vain for that!:mad:

Yeah, I got pissed about the jewelry thang. I scaled down considerably. Only when I have absolutely nowhere to go for a couple days. That's about 3-4 days out of every month.

I stopped using it b/c no matter if I used a little or a lot. I would always break out in a rash. I couldn't stand the itching on my neck and back. I hate this stuff, it might make your hair thicker and longer. But I just couldn't stay down with MTG!

It didnt work for me. I wasnt seeing any growth, even though I got used to the smell after I mixed it with some oils. Besides that, it made my scalp itch something terrible.

I had to stop because my relaxers have not been the same. My hair would look relaxed but after I washed it (a week later), the relaxer would go down the drain. After several months of new growth(due to underprocessing) parts of my nape have popped off. MTG works but I have got to let it go.

Well for all of you that have stopped...can I have your bottles? :look: can we at least negotiate a price. I just looked at my bottle today and figured I'd have to order more because I am running out.
I honestly don't even notice the smell anymore. I mix mine with braid spray and a reconstructor that I apply daily to my braids and when I take the braids out I apply it with my daily leave in with no mixture. It's especially effective during the times that my hair is braided.

Well I got tired of applying every other day and dumped all the oil out and made my own scalp grease added the remaining sulfur powder to some eucalyptus oil, CBHC, Cator oil, Amla oil, and some other stuff.

I stopped recently. I might try agaiin but I'm trying to figure out if that's what started making my hair shed so much. I'm going to see if that's the culprit.

I can definitely testy to it working to thicken my sparse areas, but I just couldn't stand the smell. I made my own growth oil concoction with MSM, but it doesn't work like MTG.

a loooonnng time ago! i think i used it consistently for 1 week, hated the smell, it was too messy, too greasy. i had the bottle collecting dust for about a year now and it felt soooo good throwing it out!

Yes I stopped using it too. its been 8 weeks since I stopped using it I just can't stand the smell it follows you everywhere you just can't get rid of it and so I got rid of the MTG. I rather make my own. Besides I did a major BC and now I have a TWA and I am loving it. I am not in a hurry to grow out my hair. I think I was because I didn't think I could adjust to the TWA but I did just fine. So no more MTG for me. I'm trying to get rid of the full bottle I have.

You are definitely not the only one...I only used MTG about 2 or 3 times. The smell was wayyy too much for me. It literally made me nauseous, and I knew there was no way I could use a whole bottle of it. I'm just sticking with my surge....

Back