Has anyone STOPPED using MTG??

I guess I'm the only die hard. I'm still using it. Used it throughout my braid wearing for about 2 months.

Now I'm using it once a week and I change the use of it based on my hair style. I'll stop at the end of the year.

I love the results of MTG but I am tired of not being able to wear my silver jewelry and yes it's very oily. I've been using it straight and now I can actually see serious results. I think I'm going to hold off for a little while, if I can.

I'm still using it. But I drain the oil off and replace it with EVOO. I guess I'm not really using MTG then, I'm making my own sulfur mixture.

I haven't stopped, but I took a break.
I was going to a few events, and social outings. I didn't want to have that smell on me. The EO's, and La India creme really help to mask the smell, but I couldn't risk it. I also stay away from it when my hair is freshly done.
I put in the MTG when the hair is old, or there is no chance of me wearing it out.

Last year I bought the little sample bottle and used it one. I hated the smell and the oil. My BF hated the smell, as well.

I revisited it once a few months later and felt the same way. This time I got VERY negative comments from my BF.

I threw it out - it just does not fit into my lifestyle.

Yeah, I used it for a month, and then on an off for the next month last summer. I just could not take it, and the growth was nothing serious.

I was thinking of revisiting this. Does anyone know how long you can keep this stuff around?

Surprised to see that most people have stopped using MTG
(I Did for 3 weeks because of so many appointments etc..)
but I've hopped back on again,

My side effects: be careful about this stuff on your neck, i had a patch on my neck that is dry, flaky and dark...I had to get a steriod cream!:(

sometimes my head feels "tight" too! lol

Also my jewellery tarnished bad!:mad:

But I still love MTG(the growth i get) :LOVE:
Will continue until ALL my bottles have gone, then will make my own sulphur mix.

I'm still getting growth (not sure how much cos i'm weaving it) but can feel the newgrowth, i still aternate with La India.

I'm taking a break (or I may just stop permanently), MTG was causing gray hairs to grow in too fast.

Hey all of you silver wearers...

Don't toss out your tarnished silver jewelry.. If you happen to get some MTG on it...here is a quick way to remove it..Learned this is chemistry class!!

take a piece of aluminum foil...use it to line a small glass bowl...mix a 1-2 tsp of salt plus 1 tablespoon of vinegar plus 3-4 tablespoons of warm water together in the bowl and quickly place your tarnished silver in it. Rinse well with warm water and dry. Color should turn back to silver in less than 2 seconds!!

It works the best on newly tarnished pieces...if you have allowed the silver to sit with the sulphur on it for very long, it permanently discolors the silver. The acid in the vinegar breaks the sulphur bonds and liberates it in the air once it hits the salt and water.. You can actually smell the sulphur once the reaction starts.. smells like rotten eggs.

I use this mixture to polish my silver regularly... You don't have to buy that expensive silver polishing stuff they sell.

I'm still on the wagon, MTG has really worked for me. And I don't care how I smell-that's what perfume is for

I haven't stopped using it but I have reduced my use of it to once a week. I'm trying to start back doing it every night but I have gotten lazy and it's so greasy.

isn't strange how some people can mask the smell and others cannot?:confused:

people tell me my hair smells nice...

it usually just has MTG, Peppermint and rosemary oil...

My sister always sniffs my hair and says "i love that medicated smell!?!" lol:lol:

Back