Has anyone gotten healthier hair from washing 2x a week?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I currently wash once a week but I'm thinking of going to 2x a week. Has anyone gotten stronger and healthier hair from this? On the one hand I know that dc'ing 2x a week would be good for my hair, but on the other hand the extra manipulation might not be.

TIA

I was pretty often because I go to the gym. Usually, 2-4 times per week. I deep condition on Wednesdays and Saturdays. My hair has been growing quite a bit from that (I think) but I hear cardio makes hair grow too...

*raising hand high in the air* ME!!!! :grin: But I didnt shampoo twice per week I rotated between co-washing and shampooing.

I did it while I was transitioning, but it dried my hair out because I wasn't deep conditioning each time (I only put an instant conditioner on my hair:wallbash:). My sister who is also natural, and was washing her scalp every day while wearing braids, got some good results from it. I think you'll see the results if you only shampoo your scalp with a mild shampoo.

My hair has never been stronger or healthier. It might be a combination of the stuff I'm doing but I wash and DC 2x a week. I make sure I DC w/heat at every wash. I'm on the lo mani challenge too so even though I wash 2x a week, there is little manipulation or combing.

washing 2x per week keeps my newgrowth softer and keeps my hair overall softer and moisturized!

Last edited:
Yes I have. I wash and deep cond twice a week and my hair has responded well. It is quite healthy now.

Sounds good, I'm gonna try it. I'm gonna co-wash on Tue. and shampoo and dc on Fri. OT: Hey Lexi how are you?

Last edited:
I recently added co-washing 2x/week to my regimen and I think the difference overall has been positive. It had helped me up my moisture and deal with the different textures on my head. Washing with shampoo more than once a week however is too drying for me.

I think it depends on my products.

I changed my leave in a month ago and I find that I don't need to wash as much.

My hair has been doing well since I decreased it to a shampoo and deep condition a week, but I think that is because I do use heat.

Less heat = better hair right?

I haven't noticed a different in the health of my hair by washing more often. I just do it because I hate having a dirty scalp. I don't want to be that girl whose scalp you can smell every time she turns her head too fast. I know girls like that and it's not pretty.

I like washing my hair 2 times a week. It keeps my scalp clean, prevents build up, and keeps my hair and NG soft and moisturized. I experience great growth too.

I like washing my hair 2 times a week. It keeps my scalp clean, prevents build up, and keeps my hair and NG soft and moisturized. I experience great growth too.

Same here :yep:. I only dc once per week, though. On the other wash day I use regular conditioner.

OMG yes! I wash twice per week..every single week..even when I have a VERY BUSY week..I fit that time in to do my hair. The DC's are really great for my hair and I DC for EVERY single wash:yep:. I've also started pre-pooing with coconut milk and honey...I will do that for every other wash from here on out. My hair loves it. My scalp is not itchy and flaky any longer. My hair is thick and full and has a healthy sheen naturally. I just came out of a weave in June of this year after being in one for a year (w/ take down every 6 weeks to wash and dc my own hair by stylist).

My hair grew like weeds and was healthy but quite thin after that first relaxer (my hair was natural under the weave..I didn't relax the entire time I had it in) when I first came out of it...now my hair is back to being full like it used to be again and I think it's even fuller than it was before actually. I think the washing just keeps the scalp clean and healthy and that helps the hair grow better and of course keeps it looking good....

Yes; I believe that my hair has made significant progress since I began shampooing and deep conditioning about two months ago. As a previous poster stated, my new growth is softer and more manageable. Furthermore, it is softer, shinier and stronger. Of course, the products one uses makes a significant difference as well. I no longer use mineral oil and petroleum-based products on my hair, and shampoo containing SLS.

I currently wash once a week but I'm thinking of going to 2x a week. Has anyone gotten stronger and healthier hair from this? On the one hand I know that dc'ing 2x a week would be good for my hair, but on the other hand the extra manipulation might not be.

TIA
I started out on LHCF washing and deep conditioning 2x each week (every 3-4 days). I read Cathy Howse's book and adopted the regimen she described for relaxed hair. My hair was restored to health and it didn't take that long either.
I've been doing it ever since (over four years) and my hair continues to thrive. :)

Back