Has anyone gone from shoulder length to BSL *without* protective styles?

RainbowCurls

I ask this because I really don't like wearing my hair up and I don't have the patience to get braids. But I seem to be stuck with basically the same hair length, and wanted to know if there is any hope for me growing my hair and wearing it out all the time.

I was able to achieve it and I rarely wear my hair up. My problem is I get bored with my hair and continuously cut it, so now I am approaching bra strap again, and this time I will leave it alone. I would recommend using very little heat. When I allowed my hair to grow out from a shaved cut back to bra strap I was visiting a stylist weekly and that was the only time heat was applied to my hair. Also try styles that may require a little less manipulation such as wraps, rollersets or braidouts.

Hmm... the lack of replies implies not!

I get bored of my hair too, cincybrownsugar.

I hardly ever use heat any more though.
'Colouring' my hair was a big mistake though, that might set me back. Along with the relaxing.
Braidouts sometimes look good when I do them so I'll try and perfect a method.

PerfectDoak said:
I ask this because I really don't like wearing my hair up and I don't have the patience to get braids. But I seem to be stuck with basically the same hair length, and wanted to know if there is any hope for me growing my hair and wearing it out all the time.

Try sending a private message to Sylver2. She's got awesome hair and girlfriend never does the protective style thing. :)

I rarely wear my hair up. I like my hair free flowing. When I do wear my hair up, I get a headache from wearing the clips. Although about 6 years ago, I use to wear my hair up all the time and my hair was BS then! Ummmm.... maybe there is something to wearing it up!

Back