Has anyone ever...

ronakajones

Transitioned to natural using a good flatiron. I am considering purchasing a Chi and flatironing my hair instead of relaxing again. Has anyone else done this? Whats your opinion on this method? I won't flatiron all the time. I also plan to wear sew-ins, braids, protective styles sometimes.

Well i plan on doing this. I'm only 9 weeks post so i haven't started flat ironing yet. And i never wear weaves or extensions so i will be flat ironing every wash day. I have a babyliss flat iron right now, i haven't used it for about 6 months, but for my birthday next month i plan on getting a ionic one.

First let me say, I am a newbie and I am still learning about my hair and the care of it. However, I am transitioning (havent had a relaxer in about 5 months) and I do flat iron my hair. I have a chi volumizing iron but for christmas I may splurge and get get a FHI runway (who knows). I do know you must keep your hair moisturized with this process. I currently co-wash 2 to 3 times a week depends.......and moisturize every day. I use a heat protectant (Sally's generic version of CHI silk infusion).
On the weekends is when I experiment with protective styles. I have not found one that I am particularly fond of just yet.
Good luck with transitioning :)

If anyone has any recommendations for me please feel free to let me know.
Thanks.

I know this is not the same...but when I was transitioning a while back...I went to the salon every 3 weeks and got a wash and press...and a trim every 6 weeks...
so I am sure this method would work for you

my hair didn't shed or break off from doing this.

Back