Has Anyone ever used this kind of Hair: Equal Afro Coil? Its Fly! *Pic*

BlackMasterPiece

This is Equal Afro Coil. Has anyone ever used this hair? I :love3: it.

yhst-2519492840586_2086_17922515

Here's the link so you can zoom in: http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/shngoeqafcob.html

I stumbled upon it today and I think it looks really cute, but I cant find many reviews on it. Anyone familiar with it?

Last edited:
If you google "Equal Afro Coil" there are like 2 sites you can purchase it from I just realized I linked the picture rather than the beauty supply ste so I edited that...its actually coily from root to end...I love it. I also love the fact that they only seemed to braid it about an inch or less and just let the texture of the hair shine its really cute to me:yep:

it's really cute, BMP, but it's braids and longer hair would require much longer braids and I like the length that pic you posted has.

i've seen it a beauty supply (or something that looks extremely close to it) here in houston

Adorable! Bet it would be perfect for crochet braids
Exactamundo!!! I wanna definitely try this on mommy dearest then maybe myself down the line:yep:

it's really cute, BMP, but it's braids and longer hair would require much longer braids and I like the length that pic you posted has.

i've seen it a beauty supply (or something that looks extremely close to it) here in houston
Very true at my length my hair is too much to do individual braids anymore....I was thinking more for my mom who has shorter hair.

If/when I do this on me...it'd have to be with crochet braids.

When you saw it, did it look soft? How'd it look irl?

Exactamundo!!! I wanna definitely try this on mommy dearest then maybe myself down the line:yep:

Very true at my length my hair is too much to do individual braids anymore....I was thinking more for my mom who has shorter hair.

If/when I do this on me...it'd have to be with crochet braids.

When you saw it, did it look soft? How'd it look irl?

didnt really look 'soft', it had that semi coarse look that afro kinky hair for kinky twists have, but it was in a bad so i couldnt really touch it. it was coiled really tightly and were about 12 inches, so I think the model has it cut in the pic. I really like that model's hair tho

didnt really look 'soft', it had that semi coarse look that afro kinky hair for kinky twists have, but it was in a bad so i couldnt really touch it. it was coiled really tightly and were about 12 inches, so I think the model has it cut in the pic. I really like that model's hair tho
Me too I love the layers, and I love the way it falls. I'd prolly go for APl for the longest layer and cut the bangs to SL. Very clean realistic and cute. This is appropriate for anything.

This is cute! When I saw the pic I was wondering how it was installed, but when crochet braids were mentioned I was like :think:...think I might check my BSS for some of this since I can't seem motivate myself to do a sew-in, lol...

Last edited:
Me neither girl, sew-ins look too involved for me, I love the concept of quick n easy crochet braids and I can totally see myself doing a cute style with this using that technique:yep:

I can tell they did twists or braids in the front and only twisted like an inch then let that hair do what it do....the back could be crochet or it could be a sew-in, I'd much rather crochet it in quick easy and no string to cut outta your hair lol

I really love this hair...I'm officially on the hunt for it and will scour the BSS for it.

Last edited:
Okay so I found another brand of hair *JUST* like this......... like exactly but I forgot to take the brand and name down:ohwell: anywhoo I'm gonna head on over to the mega huge beauty supplies in bk tomorrow and see if I find the brand again:yep:

LOL, I saw this hair exactly--same brand, same picture, and all--at my local BSS today. It was about $10 a pack...I was all excited when the girl showed it to me, lol.

Okay so I found another brand of hair *JUST* like this......... like exactly but I forgot to take the brand and name down:ohwell: anywhoo I'm gonna head on over to the mega huge beauty supplies in bk tomorrow and see if I find the brand again:yep:

:blush:I'm jealous!:grin:

I hope when I go tomorrow I have luck as good as yours!

the one I saw was weave hair and it was super short what was yours like? loose?

Nah, the curls were really tight and defined...you could tell it was a lot longer than it looked. I was afraid to get it though because it seemed like it would easily get frizzy and tangled if it was left loose.

Oh, and it was bulk/braid hair too, not weaving hair.

:blush:I'm jealous!:grin:

I hope when I go tomorrow I have luck as good as yours!

the one I saw was weave hair and it was super short what was yours like? loose?

Back