Has Anyone ever tried Minoval?

sunshinelady said:
Hey chicas,

I just wanted to update that the only difference between minoval and women's rogaine is the addition of glycerine. Otherwise, it is the exact same ingredients. HTH!

Has your hair grown back in those places where you use Minoval?

i'm Haitian and i see this product at every haitian stores i go to. it's very popular with haitian women but i've never used it. i actually picked up a jar of it at a store i was at and read the labels cause i was bored out of my mind. it doesn't seem too bad but i'm not paying $12 for it when i have some BT at home.

Does anyone know if Minoval's ingredients are comparable to BT? Cause I constantly here people raving and bumping about both

I have experienced really bad shedding by the handful for weeks. Also, my hairline is receding something fierce. I need to nip all of this in the bud.

I just purchased some Minoval a few minutes ago on their website, so it'll be here in a few days. Fingers crossed. Pray for me ladies. I am going to whip this hair back into shape.:whip:

How did this go? Any updates?

Hi Serenity, I don't have a bald spot. I think that the minoval and the rogaine will give the same results since they are the same thing.

Yeah I think I did hear a while back that stuff with minoxil(sp?) may make your hair fall out when you stopped using it, but I'm not sure how true that is though...

Never tried it or heard of it. I don't plan on trying anything new since what I'm already doing is working but I will read up on it. It's always interesting to learn something new.

Never tried it or heard of it. I don't plan on trying anything new since what I'm already doing is working but I will read up on it. It's always interesting to learn something new.

OK..WHERE CAN I FIND THE PRODUCTS that YOU ARE USING???? I NEED SOME GROWTH LIKE THAT..:hammer::wavey:

One of the members sent me theirs. I will be using this from tonight in the back section where it's shorter to play catch up and continue to use Surge in the top section. I'll keep you updated.

LONDON DIVA: What happened with your experience with the Minoval? Please reply. Thanks girl. bonjour

True story:

I used Minoxidil (Minoval) every morning as part of my morning regimine in high school. After about two months (like it said on the box) I started growing a lot of hair, but in the wrong places!

I started to look like a werewolf! I had sideburns and more hair atop my forehead. I thought I was trippin and imagining it, but one day my mother was like, "You have hair on your face!" And I'm like, "Yeah what's up with that?!" Then I shaved it off.

When you stop using Minoxidil, the extra growth (of "vellus" or "peach fuzz" hair) does fall out. I did a little research and I don't think this product is worth it., especially based on my experience.

this stuff works. my mom used it on her hair while she kept it braided up in a wig for about a yer. she was SL when she started and when she took them out it was bsl. i was like:yawn: she then promptly got a relaxer and started taking crappy care of her hair and it all fell out.:ohwell: this was before i knew about hair forums. and she didnt get any hair on her face at all.

Minoval is a Haitian product, that is why information bout it is printed in French and English. A good friend of mine who is Haitian, tod me her mother always used minoval in her hair when she was a child, and she had long very thick hair. She did not mention anything about hair falling out. I myself had bought a bottle a while back but was very inconsistent with it, so I couldn't accurately tell you about the results personally but I don know that it did not make my hair fall out. My friend and her mother swear by it, so I think I'm actually going to try it again.

my mom haitian too and told me about it to back then I used it when I first heard about it I dont recall anything spectacular as my hair already grows that half an inch per month.

I sed it with great success. Within 5 months I had 4 inches of growth. You have to be careful. If you drop the solution anywhere on your face, hair will grow there. But its a medicine dropper, you can control where the solution goes. I would definitely recommend it. By the way, whatever hair I grew didn't fallout after using it.

Back