Has Anyone ever tried Minoval?

Prettyinpink00

I can't find not one post regaurding Minoval. Its like a liqued that comes with a little dropper that you queeze to get it out the bottle then queeze it on to your scalp. It works, the back of my hair has always been the shortest part. I used it while back when i had braids for about two months or so and when i took my hair out and washed it and i was braiding it in sections to detangle it and i noticed all this legnth in that back of my hair. I would say about 3 inches i was like dang, this stuff is da bomb. Anyhoo anyone ever heard of it. I live in Miami, Florida and its in a lot of BSS strores around here.

I just read about it(not much information though)and it sounds interesting. Only cost $10 so I might just try it. Prettyinpink00 Do you have any more information on this product?

It does sound interesting.... I am interested in finding out more about this product. What are the ingredients? How is it supposed to be used and how often?

I would be careful using anything with minoxidil in it because I think once you stop using it, your hair might fall out. I'm no expert though but make sure you check up on it before you try it.

I think this prdouct is french product becasue the info written on it is in french and english. it has a 2% solution of minoxidil. The directions says to apply 1 dropper-ful 2 times a day directly onto the scalp. It also says that continued use is necessary to increase and keep hair regrowth. I think taht is regarding people that is actully loosing their hair. I know from personal experience because i used it and stopped for about a month and my growth is still here. I have a friend who's hair is really long from using this, a few inches from her bra strap. So i don't think that when u stop using it the hair will fall out, but don't quote me on that ebcause everyoneis different, i just know it worked for me and i would love to knowif anyone else has used it.

[ QUOTE ]
Prettyinpink00 said:
I can't find not one post regaurding Minoval. Its like a liqued that comes with a little dropper that you queeze to get it out the bottle then queeze it on to your scalp. It works, the back of my hair has always been the shortest part. I used it while back when i had braids for about two months or so and when i took my hair out and washed it and i was braiding it in sections to detangle it and i noticed all this legnth in that back of my hair. I would say about 3 inches i was like dang, this stuff is da bomb. Anyhoo anyone ever heard of it. I live in Miami, Florida and its in a lot of BSS strores around here.

[/ QUOTE ] Prettyinpink00, how's it going with this product. Still seeing good results? Anyone else tried it? I'm interesting in trying it since my bald spot on the top of my head hasn't filled in yet.

One of the members sent me theirs. I will be using this from tonight in the back section where it's shorter to play catch up and continue to use Surge in the top section. I'll keep you updated.

I have been using this regularly for the last 4 months. At the front of my hair, I had two spots (on either side of my hair) that were thinning tremendously. I began adding Minoval to those spots daily and during my last relaxer, I noticed that the hair is growing back. About 1 month ago, I also began massaging it to the rest of my scalp because i suffered a lot of shedding 1-1/2 years ago from some highlights that I'd gotten which made my hair extremely thin looking. So far, I'm not having problems with it and I think the amount of minoxidil is low (2%), but then again, I'm not a Doctor. I know a lot of people from Haiti who swear by this. I'm going to continue to use it. I have found it in local Haitian stores in CT and there are also plenty of them in Brooklyn - it sells for about $8.

Hi, I'm from Haiti and I do know about Minoval. Some people in my family have used it once in a while in the past, but I don't know, we all pretty much have good growth rates. NOw that I live in Miami, we have 2 full bottles at home right now, and we dont' really use them. I never thought it really worked. I guess I was being a little prejudiced and stuff even though I'm Haitian too, but I didnt think it worked because it's like a clear liquid, pretty much, so I was like 'how do we know if it has chemicals in it for real?' on the box, it says that it has 2% Minoxidil (however u spell it). I was at Walgreens today, and I saw a hair regrowth product that has the same amount of the same chemical. When i started caring about my hair a few months ago, I did use it, but I seriously don't know if it was working or not.
My aunt cut her hair to an ear-length bob a little before the new year, and since she was unhappy with the cut, she started regrowing her hair and she used the Minoval and it's already back down to her shoulders. Maybe that's why it grew so fast. When I saw the thing at Walgreens, I did think that 'oh maybe it's like the Surge product you all talk about, and since I have it, maybe I should use Minoval as an alternative since i already have it at home."
It's true that a lot of ppl swear by it, but I dont' know.

I guess I"ll do an experiment. I'll use it for a month, and then see if my hair growth rate has increased or if I have more hair than I normally would.
Sorry this was so long. Ciao

Thanks for the info Carlita. Welcome to the board. I saw your album you are gorgeous and your hair looks fabulous. Good Luck on your hair journey.

I saw in the grocery store yesterday Minoxidil for Men but I didn't see Minoval. Is this for Women only or is the Minoxidil something comparable. I was wondering if using that would be okay even though it said for Men :confused:

Otherwise, where can I find this Minoval product? Can someone enlighten me please.

As a Haitian, alot of the Haitian women I know use this product. You won't find it at drug stores but there are beauty supply stores where there are alot of Haitians, you will be able to find Minoval. It comes in an oil and a hair pomade. When my cousin comes from Haiti she always brings minoval with her because the Haitian women here buy them like crazy. There is also a website that you can go to www.minoval.com. HTH

I have never seen this product before and havent heard much reviews on it. I'll wait to see if anymore people start trying it out and what their results are before I give it a try. God bless you all.

blessedangil03 said:
As a Haitian, alot of the Haitian women I know use this product. You won't find it at drug stores but there are beauty supply stores where there are alot of Haitians, you will be able to find Minoval. It comes in an oil and a hair pomade. When my cousin comes from Haiti she always brings minoval with her because the Haitian women here buy them like crazy. There is also a website that you can go to www.minoval.com. HTH
Thanks for printing the site, I just called this man answers the phone without saying the name of a company he said minoval was $5.00 and shipping was $7.00-10.00? oh well I guess I will just send $12.00 if I decide to get it.

I saw this in the BSS the other day and thought about the forum trying to remember what I had read about this. I may go back and check it out. Like LondonDiva I've got a section in the back that needs to catch up with the rest.

Is it like rogaine or close to working like rogaine I have used rogaine before a some length from but just wanted to know if was way better than rogaine

I think I'll pick some up, I noticed a bald spot at the front of my hairline this weekend. My hair has been shedding by the handfulls lately. So, I'm taking large quantities of vit, eating lots of fish, beans and eggs, and drinking lots of water, praying to maintain my hair.

I have experienced really bad shedding by the handful for weeks. Also, my hairline is receding something fierce. I need to nip all of this in the bud.

I just purchased some Minoval a few minutes ago on their website, so it'll be here in a few days. Fingers crossed. Pray for me ladies. I am going to whip this hair back into shape.:whip:

LadyEsquire said:
I have experienced really bad shedding by the handful for weeks. Also, my hairline is receding something fierce. I need to nip all of this in the bud.

I just purchased some Minoval a few minutes ago on their website, so it'll be here in a few days. Fingers crossed. Pray for me ladies. I am going to whip this hair back into shape.:whip:

My Minoval arrived and I am excited to see how it will work. Anyone else on the Minoval challenge? If so, holla at me. :)

bettydavis said:
I would be careful using anything with minoxidil in it because I think once you stop using it, your hair might fall out. I'm no expert though but make sure you check up on it before you try it.

It says that on the website, that continued use is necessary to increase and keep your re-growth, or hair loss will begin again.

http://www.minoval.com/default/Precautions.html

ETA: I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just wanted to make sure you all saw that bit of information:-)

nikkipoo said:
minoval is great:grin: It grew my hairline back faster than anything else. It goes fast though

nikkipoo...did the hair in the treated area fall out after u stopped using it?

Hey chicas,

I just wanted to update that the only difference between minoval and women's rogaine is the addition of glycerine. Otherwise, it is the exact same ingredients. HTH!

Any updates? I just bought mine today. I'm just going to use this on my edges and nape. Boundtresses will do everywhere else. ;)

Back