Has Anyone Ever Tried Coconut Water?

HairGurl

So I've tried coconut milk and coconut oil, but has anyone tried coconut water? These are some benefits I found about it when I searched on the web.
  • low in carbs
  • keeps the body at a proper temperature
  • promotes weightloss
  • raises metabolism
  • boost poor circulation
  • hydrates your body
  • antibacterial
I am thinking about buying some...I want to try drinking it and putting it in my hair :grin:. Oh yeah and it's also supposedly healthier than whole mik, orange juice, and processed baby milk. It's also used in blood transfusions..So whaddya think?

Go for it! People from tropical places swear by coconut water (my family does). When I was in S. America and recovering from a 24 hour bug, the doctor suggested I drink coco water in addition to the antibiotics to feel better. It worked :)

So I've tried coconut milk and coconut oil, but has anyone tried coconut water? These are some benefits I found about it when I searched on the web.
  • low in carbs
  • promotes weightloss
  • raises metabolism
  • boost poor circulation
  • hydrates your body
  • antibacterial
I am thinking about buying some...I want to try drinking it and putting it in my hair :grin:. Oh yeah and it's also supposedly healthier than whole mik, orange juice, and processed baby milk. It's also used in blood transfusions..So whaddya think?

Are you referring to coconut milk? That's different from coconut water, which is not miky and would not be comparable to whole Milk and baby milk.

Are you referring to coconut milk? That's different from coconut water, which is not miky and would not be comparable to whole Milk and baby milk.

No, I am talking about coconut water. I read on this website where they said coconut water is more nutritious than whole milk because it has no cholestorol and less fat. For the processed baby milk, coconut water is better because it contain lauric acid which is present in the mother's breast milk .They compared it to a lot of other things as well.

Go for it! People from tropical places swear by coconut water (my family does). When I was in S. America and recovering from a 24 hour bug, the doctor suggested I drink coco water in addition to the antibiotics to feel better. It worked :)

Really? Okay I am leaning closer to buying it!

I buy coconut water sometimes. I drink it because it tastes delicious, never occurred to me that it was good for me.

I buy it and drink it sometimes...It is very refreshing and has a lot of good nutrients and electrolytes...I wouldn't put it on my hair... real coconut water is expensive b/c it's an imported product. Make sure you are getting the real thing... they have a lot of products in the supermarkets that claim to be coconut water but it is not.

Last edited:
real coconut water is expensive b/c it's an imported product.
I would always get mad that the coconut water was more expensive than the cans of coconut milk at my grocery stores. Maybe because the milk was a quicker seller.

It was highly suggested to drink during a fast, but I couldn't find many without additives.

I would always get mad that the coconut water was more expensive than the cans of coconut milk at my grocery stores. Maybe because the milk was a quicker seller.

It was highly suggested to drink during a fast, but I couldn't find many without additives.

just buy regular organic coconut, crack open and drink the water.....yummy!

The hispanic markets around here sell whole coconuts for about a dollar so I would just drink the water from it like another poster said.And if you want the milk you can make your own with the coconut..check youtube..

A lot of the cheap canned coconut water drinks have a lot of added sugar so I try to avoid it. If a person can get it unsweetened, all the better.

Oh ok. So it seems like its better to just buy the coconut and drink the juice out of it? They have the coconuts at grocery store. How much juice is in them?

I used to drink coconut water after workouts all the time. Better at replacing nutrients and hydrating than regular water. I always bought it from Whole Foods so as not to worry about something with additives being passed off as legitimate coconut water.

And when we were in Mexico this past summer, we drank straight from the coconut daily. Can't get more natural than that. I would say there's a good couple of cups of water in a coconut itself.

If you have a caribbean store in your area you might be able to find some there that comes straight from the islands without the additives...

I bought a can of coconut water from my local grocery store and it was so nasty I could not drink it.GAG! :nono:

:sad: I'm allergic to coconuts. I can't eat or drink it but I haven't had any adverse reactions when I used coconut milk in my hair. Anyone using coconut water in their hair or are you just drinking it?

Yes I drink it all the time now...Its low in sugar and its so refreshing after a workout. I have Gastritis so its easy on my tummy (compared to high acid beverages). I usually drink the Zico brand which has mango and passion fruit extract versions. Harvest Bay is good and is not as expensive as Zico. I purchase mine from Fresh Market Grocery/Greenlife.

this thread is making me homesick
we have 3 cocnut trees in our backyard in Dominica. It was a normal thing to drink coconut water....it's soooooo good. It's good for other things too. For instance my grandfather used to use the water from the young nuts as an eye wash. (He has cataract is one eye)

Also the kernel (the white stuf inside the nut) is delish!! .. I love drinking it directly from the nut but I would also pour it into a jug and then put the kernel in it then chill that in the fridge. What a healthy delicious snack!

Oh and take a shot of run and chase that with coconut water......ain't nothing better!!!

Its funny that you posted this because a few days ago I just had a craving for coconut water and jelly. i guess it was partially because I saw a man selling coconuts on the side of the road. Anyways it is supposed to be a really healthy drink for your body but I've never heard of anyone trying it for their hair. It would just be another first made by the ladies on this forum

I used to drink coconut water after workouts all the time. Better at replacing nutrients and hydrating than regular water. I always bought it from Whole Foods so as not to worry about something with additives being passed off as legitimate coconut water.

And when we were in Mexico this past summer, we drank straight from the coconut daily. Can't get more natural than that. I would say there's a good couple of cups of water in a coconut itself.

Oooh that's a good amount!

this thread is making me homesick
we have 3 cocnut trees in our backyard in Dominica. It was a normal thing to drink coconut water....it's soooooo good. It's good for other things too. For instance my grandfather used to use the water from the young nuts as an eye wash. (He has cataract is one eye)

Also the kernel (the white stuf inside the nut) is delish!! .. I love drinking it directly from the nut but I would also pour it into a jug and then put the kernel in it then chill that in the fridge. What a healthy delicious snack!

Oh and take a shot of run and chase that with coconut water......ain't nothing better!!!

Now I'm really going to try some!:yep:

coconut water is meant to be good for hair fall im going to get that soon and use it on my hair daily :grin:

Yes I drink it all the time now...Its low in sugar and its so refreshing after a workout. I have Gastritis so its easy on my tummy (compared to high acid beverages). I usually drink the Zico brand which has mango and passion fruit extract versions. Harvest Bay is good and is not as expensive as Zico. I purchase mine from Fresh Market Grocery/Greenlife.

I love the Zico brand too...expensive but worth it.

Yes, and it wasn't what I expected. It was fresh from the coconut, purchased at a roadside stand in Puerto Rico. I was expecting a cool drink that tasted like a coconut flavored tropical drink, but what I got was a cold, mildly salted water drink. BLECH!

I would go for the flavored coco water in the future.

• low in carbs
  • promotes weightloss
  • raises metabolism
  • boost poor circulation
  • hydrates your body
  • antibacterial

As a self proclaimed "Coconut Woman" ( I am starting to look like one in the face.) I say 4 thumbs up!! Anything coconut I enjoy.

Yes I think coconut milk is what you put in your hair. Coconut water and milk many do switch around.:grin: But it was not often I had coconut water.

The coconut milk has the fat content also which is great for you and also contains the lauric acid.

Back