Has Anyone Ever Tried Coconut Water?

A lot of the cheap canned coconut water drinks have a lot of added sugar so I try to avoid it. If a person can get it unsweetened, all the better.

That is the one that shouldn't be added to hair because of that. it is the milk that is used...and for smoothies I like to use the milk too. I also like to add in grated coconut meat (unsweetened) then add honey. Sometimes I sit and eat coconut meat (sweetened/unsweetened)

i never use the water. my dd likes to drink it out of sheer curiosity from the fruit but otherwise...down the drain it goes. i make the milk though/thais call it cream and if you're really feeling froggy, that milk can be cooked into oil by tossing it in a pot and let it cook.

btw: i use the milk on my dd's hair when dc'n sometimes

here's another source:
http://health.usnews.com/articles/h...nd-coconut-water-provide-health-benefits.html

Last edited:
I tried drinking it once...felt like I was drinking bad water from a third world country ...I never finished the can...I wonder what I did with it....

I hated Coconut water at first, but the taste grew on me and is refreshing now. I still am not in love with the taste, but now I still like it. I ordered some mango or passionfruit flavored coconut water from Amazon to see if its better

I love coconut water! I don't buy it often enough and wish Costco would start carrying it. I drink pomegranate too.

I forgot Amazon sold it by the case.

I love fresh coconut water - straight from the coconut, not the boxed/bottled stuff.
Almost as nice is the jelly you sometimes get with a young coconut.......making me want to go somewhere hot and tropical (rather than the cold of the UK!)

Back