Has anybody ever...

FluffyRed

braided their hair just to shampoo it?

I could swear I read this somewhere.

I am having some trouble tangling, between the new growth, texlaxed roots and straight ends.

I think I would braid it, put on a plastic barrette and then DC, cowash and unbraid.

I tried to do a search, but "braid and shampoo" brought up threads about microbraids.

Anyone done this or remember the thread?

My hair is too thick to braid before shampooing (and too short at this point), but I put my hair in two afropuffs to shampoo and condition.

Braiding IS considered a good method of washing hair that is delicate and easily tangled. The key is to dilute the shampoo and squeeze it into each braid/twist.

From here on you can either rinse the braid itself or unravel the braid to rinse and then rebraid quickly- doing this section by section. While I was transistioning I found the latter method to be a lot more tedious- but it reduced tangling significantly.

Yep. As per the Crown & Glory method, whenever my hair is loose I braid it up before it comes into contact with water of any sort.

The few times I have washed my APL 4a natural hair loose I have regretted it. So many tangles. :nono:

It takes a billion years to detangle and I find myself cursing that stupid decision. It makes it so much easier to wash in braids. When I wash it loose my ends take a beating during detangling. Braiding it up first saves my ends.

People who are relaxed.. how many braids do you do. If you rollerset do you do it like a mohawk. I have hair that tangles and would like to do this. Also, are you able to properly wash your scalp?

Back