Has any one used a cheapie conditoner as a moisturiser...?

melissa-bee

My ends have been feeling dead since sunday as i flat ironed for the second time after having a heat free diet for 7 months. The first time it when well, but this time my ends felt a bit crispy so today i picked up some alberto balsam the pomegranate flavour and put it on my ends, and tied in a bun. After 10 mins my ends felt good and my hair smells niiiiiice.

I do this all the time, but only when I'm in a bun or wearing a twistout. Works great :yep: but can buildup after a few days. :ohwell:

Yep, a lot of people do. It works great for me. I use Aussie, Suave, VO5, whatever I have in the house.

No because most of them are full of cones and stuff and just sit on top of your hair waiting to be rinsed away like they are supposed to be, lol. If it was an all natural conditioner I would be ok with it.

Sometimes I use Suave on my wash n' go's but I don't consider it a moisturizer in any way.

Nah :nono: because most conditioners that are designed as rinse outs have wax in them which is definitely build up city. I don't do clarifying shampoos and as much as I love them on others, I don't want dreds :grin:.

I just use stuff dedicated to the purpose and/or oils.

Nah :nono: because most conditioners that are designed as rinse outs have wax in them which is definitely build up city. I don't do clarifying shampoos and as much as I love them on others, I don't want dreds :grin:.

I just use stuff dedicated to the purpose and/or oils.

Yes, just recently I have used con as a moist, but looking @ bolded I am wondering if this is what is causing my incredible tangles lately, especially in NG. There are some great leave-ins though that are very cheap and work great as a moist. I normally use HE LTR. Cantu SB is a great moist as well.

A few ladies here use Aussie Moist... I haven't used it as a leave in yet (I'm going to try that out when I'm all natural). I use lustrasilk chea butter cholesterol as a styling cream when putting in cornrows or flat twists but I always lightly moisturise with my shea butter mix when taking them out.

So in my case, no I don't use them as moisturisers.

I use hair one, VO5, or Suave. I tried to use HE but that caused flaking. I try not to be heavy handed with them though. That or I mix them with water and oil as a spray.

Back