Hardcore Protein with or without plastic cap under dryer?

Hard Core Protein Under Dryer - With Plastic Cap or Not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

star

I know we should probaly just go by the directions on the bottle but I read that someone on here put their hardcore in their hair and did not wear plastic cap because it worked better. I have done this both ways and seems without the plastic cap you are getting a deeper treatment but with the plastic cap it could be penetrating in hair shaft better. Both ways are you are under a dryer.

Just wanted to know if someone knew the science behind this and how do you do your Hardcore protein treatments with heat? Plastic Cap or Not.

Last edited:
I'm no scientist. But I use the hardcore Aphogee as directed on the bottle. With it I get the results i want- "strong like bull" hair cause i dye my hair and it needs the hard stuff to stay healthy. I do this maybe every 6-8 weeks If my hair feels excessively brittle at the ends.

So if the results are better with no cap with protein, wouldn't it work just as well for moisture DC too??? I was pondering this today.

I use aphogee w/o the cap because that's what the instructions suggest and i'm scurrred to go against the instructions !! :perplexed

I know we should probaly just go by the directions on the bottle but I read that someone on here put their hardcore in their hair and did not wear plastic cap because he worked better. I have done this both ways and seems without the plastic cap you are getting a deeper treatment but with the plastic cap it could be penetrating in hair shaft better. Both ways are you are under a dryer.

Just wanted to know if someone knew the science behind this and how do you do your Hardcore protein treatments with heat? Plastic Cap or Not.

Well it really depends on the type of protein that you are using. I mean if it's a protein reconstructor then ya, deep condition with the plastic cap under the dryer. If it's aphogee, then just use the blow dryer to get it 60-70% dry, then let it air dry the rest of way. I prefer aphogee, and henna myself. I alternate them. I use the henna about every other month. As far as aphogee I only use that about 4 times per year. I like it as preventative maintence. :)

So if the results are better with no cap with protein, wouldn't it work just as well for moisture DC too??? I was pondering this today.

This is the dilenma for me because without the cap under heat it seems my hair was much harder which could mean more protien penetrated but with the cap my hair seemed more moist so does that mean it penetrated in different way?

I'm no scientist. But I use the hardcore Aphogee as directed on the bottle. With it I get the results i want- "strong like bull" hair cause i dye my hair and it needs the hard stuff to stay healthy. I do this maybe every 6-8 weeks If my hair feels excessively brittle at the ends.

That's what I want too strong bull like hair and without the cap my hair is very hard even after a moisturizing conditioner.

Thanks ladies for all your input. I know from asking questions helps me to make better descions for my hair.

I just did mine tonight w/ Aphogee 2 step. I bought one of those heat caps w/ the funnel and you take a normal hand dryer and stick it through the heat cap funnel but mine was acting up and kept falling off.

So i took off the shower cap and took the hand dryer and went all around my hair until it got hard. It did get hard as heck too! Sat around for another 15 minutes to let it dry up some more and washed out.

I aint gonna use the plastic cap anymore. I did last time and was wondering my hair didnt get hard..duh! heat couldnt penetrate i guess.

I just did mine tonight w/ Aphogee 2 step. I bought one of those heat caps w/ the funnel and you take a normal hand dryer and stick it through the heat cap funnel but mine was acting up and kept falling off.

So i took off the shower cap and took the hand dryer and went all around my hair until it got hard. It did get hard as heck too! Sat around for another 15 minutes to let it dry up some more and washed out.

I aint gonna use the plastic cap anymore. I did last time and was wondering my hair didnt get hard..duh! heat couldnt penetrate i guess.

Thanks for input. I also had that dryer cap as well and finally brought me the kind on wheels. I think I am going to keep the plastic cap off so it can get hard.

Im gona try this again:grin:. Me and the OP are confused. If its better to not use a cap when DCing with protein so the heat can penetrate more, wouldn't this be the same for a moisturizing conditioner? Anyone not use a cap for any conditioner?

I do whatever that particular product direction says. I experiment with moisture conditioner ....but scared to experiment on hardcore protein. To many things can go wrong!

Back