Happy New Year, But I Wanna Know . . .

Silkycoils

Why we haven't started our "LHCF Prayer Circle" for members only? :look:

2016 was actually a great year for Black Women overall, and we saw some wonderful examples of Black Women being loved. Communal prayer works (You're welcome, Ciara) and there's a lot of Sisters on this board who are ready to get wifed! :look:

So with that said, I'm willing to get this party started. :dance7:
There are 52 weeks in the year, and 26 letters in the alphabet, so we can do this alphabetically (starting with "S" though, because I started the thread :look: :lachen: ) Any member who wants to be included during their respective letter's month, can be listed. I'm excited to read about the love stories that manifest this year! :clap: Or if anyone has a better system, that's fine as well (as long as Silkycoils is in that first group :lachen: )
Now, who wants to be counted among the number? :) :2inlove:

I'm in. Thank you to whomever prayed with and for me in the last thread . My life has taken so many unexpected beautiful turns. I feel very blessed. I want to pass it on

That's good to hear :yep:

I don't go in there. :look: Ciara's was in entertainment (understandable), but my point is, it needs to be in a place where many people can see/participate. There are many believers who likely never go into the CF. Also, there were some members in Ciara's thread who prayed a good word @Shiks especially.

To add, prayer is not just done by Christians. It's done by people of all faiths. Having it in the Christian forum removes others from participating.

That was my first thought anyway. I remember it being in OT but thought about this angle when it got moved to the Christian forum

I don't go in there. :look: Ciara's was in entertainment (understandable), but my point is, it needs to be in a place where many people can see/participate. There are many believers who likely never go into the CF. Also, there were some members in Ciara's thread who prayed a good word @Shiks especially.
Dear black Jesus,thank you so much for allowing us to see this new year. 2016 was difficult but you saw us through and for that we are grateful. We come before you to ask for your covering and blessings over 2017. The world around is going crazy but we know You are forever our anchor. We come before you with the requests of LHCF for love. Not any ol kind of love either,but the love that is like what You have for us. We prayed for Ciara and you did it abundantly and exceedingly over all we asked and imagined. We pray the same for everyone on here who wants the same. Some have not declared it openly but you know our hearts. I also place our sister Fasika in your hands as she battles cancer. Please heal her body and renew her mind. Let her feel all our love being sent to her. As a community we have been through some personal losses and I ask that you comfort us. As my Naija peeps say Father do it for your children. Amen.

I'm in. Based on your system, @Silkycoils, I think we get to M by sometime at the end of May (Nope I calculated that wrong). That's actually perfect for me. I should have my beach body together by then. :bdance:

So, it's actually one letter every two weeks, not one letter per week as I had originally thought. I'll have to re-calculate that, but that's fine as long as it's later in the year for me.

eta: We're starting this week right?

Last edited:
I'm in. Based on your system, @Silkycoils, I think we get to M by sometime at the end of May (Nope I calculated that wrong). That's actually perfect for me. I should have my beach body together by then. :bdance:

So, it's actually one letter every two weeks, not one letter per week as I had originally thought. I'll have to re-calculate that, but that's fine as long as it's later in the year for me.

eta: We're starting this week right?

Upon further examination , I don't think it would be fair to have people have to wait until their letter comes up. :) Anyone who wants in, is in. :):2inlove::):bdance::bouncy:

Okay, here goes: (feel free to add your own)

Heavenly Father,

We come here today on this first day of 2017 to communally ask for your favor and blessing over those of us who are seeking a life partner, a spiritual head, a godly husband. We know that there is no shame in wanting to love and to be loved, which is why we boldly profess our desires. Though you know the desires of our hearts, we know that where two or three (or however many) gather in your name, you are with us.

2017 is a year of boldness, a year of declaration. It is no coincidence that this prayer circle has begun in the year of Our Lord 2017, as seven is the number of Divine Completion and Perfection. We declare healing for the broken-hearted, comfort and assurance for the neglected, a severing of any ungodly soul-ties, and wisdom and discernment for all. We are not weary when faced with counterfeits, because we know that that means we are that much closer to our intended.

Heavenly Father, as you are the Alpha and Omega, we ask your covering over every woman in this circle from A (S :look: :lachen: ) to Z. We are focused on following the steps which you have ordered, and look forward to celebrating each and every one of us finding true love. We love you, we glorify your name, and we submit our requests to you in prayer and thanksgiving. Amen.

:) I can't wait to hear the "Love Tales."

Back