Happily UNsingle

motherx2esq

I finally met a man. I know right! :grin: Well, it was some time ago but I am officailly no longer single. I have prayed and had long conversations with God about finding a mate. Someone who will respect my choices in life; To live a life without sex until marriage. Someone who is what God wants in my life. I started to slip back down a road that I thought I left behind when I broke up with my ex. That's when God brought him into my life. He saw that I was about to give up and give in and He step in and brought me joy! He is not someone I would have picked for myself but I was drawn to him and that was by the grace of God. There is nothing wrong with him; Just not the type I usually go for. So this is also God's way of telling me that packaging is not all the hype! I'm more of a tall, dark and handsome. He's medium, very light and good looking. But he makes me smile and bring joy whenever he is around.

So to all my single ladies still waiting. God is a hearer of everything and He knows your heart and what is good for it. Let him work and it will work!

Wow..congrats and thanks for the post. :yep: I need encouragement right about now. You’re right..the packaging isn’t everything. One question, even though he was’nt your type..were you still attracted to him?

Wow..congrats and thanks for the post. :yep: I need encouragement right about now. You’re right..the packaging isn’t everything. One question, even though he was’nt your type..were you still attracted to him?

You are so welcome. I just felt the need to testify.

Yes, he is still an attractive man. Actually, he is what most would call a pretty boy! lol The more we talked and got to know each other the more attracted I was to him. But when he told me he would pray for me because of something I was dealing with, I knew that was the sign I was asking God for. No other man I've dated has EVER said that. Not even the ones that claimed to be christian men. This was way before we decided to become a couple. Pretty much in the getting to know you phase. So I was very blown away by this.

You are so welcome. I just felt the need to testify.

Yes, he is still an attractive man. Actually, he is what most would call a pretty boy! lol The more we talked and got to know each other the more attracted I was to him. But when he told me he would pray for me because of something I was dealing with, I knew that was the sign I was asking God for. No other man I've dated has EVER said that. Not even the ones that claimed to be christian men. This was way before we decided to become a couple. Pretty much in the getting to know you phase. So I was very blown away by this.

That's wonderful :grin:. I pray that God will bring a man like that in my life.:yep:

This guy I was talking to, he told me one of the traits that he looks for in a lady is a God fearing woman. I was so impressed by this because I've NEVER heard a guy say this. I'm not saying he is for me or anything, it's just good to know that there are decent men out there that really want a Godly woman. :yep:

Thank you for testifying..I needed to hear it. :yep:

Last edited:
That's wonderful :grin:. I pray that God will bring a man like that in my life.:yep:

This guy I was talking to, he told me one of the traits that he looks in for a lady is a God fearing woman. I was so impressed by this because I've NEVER heard a guy say this. I'm not saying he is for me or anything, it's just good to know that there are decent men out there that really want a Godly woman. :yep:

Thank you for testifying..I needed to hear it. :yep:

That is refreshing to know! It's sad that ALL men, who claim to be followers of Christ, do not make this a priority when looking for a woman. I pray that all my beautiful single sisters find some who adds to the wonderfulness that they are.

Last edited:
Congrats lady! I'm very happy for you! :)

I've found a great man too... he met my parents yesterday and I met his a few weeks earlier. My grandmother already invited him over to watch movies... she never does that with anyone!

God is listening ladies!!!

I finally met a man. I know right! :grin: Well, it was some time ago but I am officailly no longer single. I have prayed and had long conversations with God about finding a mate. Someone who will respect my choices in life; To live a life without sex until marriage. Someone who is what God wants in my life. I started to slip back down a road that I thought I left behind when I broke up with my ex. That's when God brought him into my life. He saw that I was about to give up and give in and He step in and brought me joy! He is not someone I would have picked for myself but I was drawn to him and that was by the grace of God. There is nothing wrong with him; Just not the type I usually go for. So this is also God's way of telling me that packaging is not all the hype! I'm more of a tall, dark and handsome. He's medium, very light and good looking. But he makes me smile and bring joy whenever he is around.

So to all my single ladies still waiting. God is a hearer of everything and He knows your heart and what is good for it. Let him work and it will work!

Just in time for your birthday!! You are DESERVING!

All the best,
~p1

Congratulations! I am happy for all women who find that special someone to treat them the way that the deserve to be treated.
I hope everything works out in your favor and that your relationship will be Blessed!

Congrats lady! I'm very happy for you! :)

I've found a great man too... he met my parents yesterday and I met his a few weeks earlier. My grandmother already invited him over to watch movies... she never does that with anyone!

God is listening ladies!!!

I am so happy for you Bunny and you are so right. He is listening! He's meet several of my family members and they like him. I'm looking forward to meeting him family this time. If not I will have to wait until is tour in Iraq is over to meet them.

Just in time for your birthday!! You are DESERVING!

All the best,
~p1

This was one of those mile stone birthdays so I was really starting to get a little depressed about turning 30. God was so not going for that. My co workers took me out to eat for my birthday and he came along. That night we had a wonderful dinner at a Lola's in downtown Detroit. The next day we just sat around watching movies and eat take out! It was wonderful.

Thank you so much P1. I felt deserving.

Congrats !

God send me one also pls.

I am praying for you because I know He WILL! Because He can! At one point I felt so defeated about relationships. And look what He did for me. So just hold to your faith. Continue to be happy with YOURSELF and He will send him "right on time!"

Ahh, this thread was on time..

Cause I had a really great man (who has been my friend) for a while, tell me that he liked me. He isn't also who I would have gone for, I usually go for tall, basket ball looking kind of men, but he is just a couple inches taller than me, I am 5'6, but he is a ambitious, hard working, cute, God fearing and he is willing to do anything for me.

So why am I hesitating to say yes to him.. I thought I would know when my husband comes, but maybe I am thinking to much with my flesh and not with my spirit. I don't know how to make important decisions, maybe I am over thinking everything

Ahh, this thread was on time..

Cause I had a really great man (who has been my friend) for a while, tell me that he liked me. He isn't also who I would have gone for, I usually go for tall, basket ball looking kind of men, but he is just a couple inches taller than me, I am 5'6, but he is a ambitious, hard working, cute, God fearing and he is willing to do anything for me.

So why am I hesitating to say yes to him.. I thought I would know when my husband comes, but maybe I am thinking to much with my flesh and not with my spirit. I don't know how to make important decisions, maybe I am over thinking everything

I say let him court you and pray about it. It will be reveled to your spirit! I over think a lot as well. I had to let that go and so do you! :yep:

Back