Half Wig to Grow Back Hair?

mixchick10

So, I am looking into it and I think a half wig may be the way for me to go while I am growing back my hair healthy. The only think I'm worried about is that it sits on that front part of your head and that is where I'm thin, so I'm worried it will put stress on that part of my head and hinder growth. Has anyone experienced that happening or think that should be a concern?

my front hair line was thin after my baby. i would not wear a half wig if the area is not strong.

if the hair is strong/healthy you can always braid your hairline and clip the wig into the braid instead of letting the wig line sit on your thin hair area.

when i wear a half wig i always oil the wig line area twice a day to keep the hair from being rubbed.

also, do not wear the wig real tight. i use hair clips (black ones to hide them) or long hair pins instead of the combs in the wig. i also keep the "strap" loose, don't tighten it all the way.

if you check muffinismylovers on you tube....some of her old videos show how to wear half wigs pretty well. she mostly does wigs now, but if you go back and look at her really old videos, they are some of the best ones on you tube IMO. i learned all about half wigs from her. :)

Ive been wearing wigs for 2+yrs or from twa to apl with no setbacks *knocks on wood* I love the fact that I can baggy or DC all day without looking like it. Its great protection for my hair especially in this florida sun:)

I have been using half wigs as my preferred protective style for the last 3 years with no problem. Just don't forget to take care of your hair underneath as well. I made all of my goals and had fantastic progress but neglected my ends. So for the last year, I have been trimming those gnarly ends off and was able to finally start fresh with nice ends as of yesterday.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am pretty patchy on top and hoping the shedding is now stopping. I put some garlic oil on my head last night and this morning when I washed I had very few hairs so maybe it worked! I think the wig may be a good idea on some days though while I'm getting it back thicker.

I have been using half wigs as my preferred protective style for the last 3 years with no problem. Just don't forget to take care of your hair underneath as well. I made all of my goals and had fantastic progress but neglected my ends. So for the last year, I have been trimming those gnarly ends off and was able to finally start fresh with nice ends as of yesterday.

And your hair looks great malibu4590! May I ask what you are doing?

Back