Hair won't hold curls

Shawnee66

What are some of the reasons why hair won't hold curls??

For the past few months my hair hasn't been able to hold curls. I wash and set and by the next morning all the curls are gone no matter what I do (except set it at night before I go to bed, which is a pain). Usually I'm able to wrap my hair and the next morning I still have curls. I thought maybe I needed a trim got one this weekend and it still won't hold the curls.

Humidity, maybe. Stay away from creamy leave-ins and opt for a liquid setting lotion. Dilute that in equal parts of water and/or infusium23+water and spray on your hair before rollersetting.

I agree with Anky but what has also worked for me is rolling my hair in curlers while its dry without any setting lotion,just NTM hair serum. Then after everything is rolled up I spritz each section with Aussie leave in conditioner and put my scarf on.The next morning the curls are very defined and last all day/night.

TeeTee2

Thanks, I'm going to try both of these but I think it might be something too. I've tried setting my hair using setting lotions and/or leave-ins but this doesn't seems to work. I thought it was the humidity too but this has been happening since spring.

My hair wouldn't curl because it was overprocessed and had split ends(relaxed) .just check your hair just to make sure. :)

Back