Hair Vs. The gym

M_BYRON_M

Im torn between my hair and the gym .Altohguh i keep a tie head on whilst at the gym my freshly kanerowed hair never looks good after 1 session .

Is there anyway I can solve this problem I done have the time or the pateince to be doing my hair every week.And doing my hair so often is not in my near future regimen.

Help!

Yes I know what you mean. I have to put my hair in cornrows right now because the gym/summer heat/rains are not helping.
Why don't you try the protectives style like a bun ? or braids ?

I have recently given up on having any kind of cute hairstyle for a while, a sacrafice Im willing to make to look good and have long hair...lol.

Really though, u can make simple styles look neat and pulled together. For example, one thing that works for me is after I work out I either shampoo with a gentle one(no more than 2 X week) or conditioner wash unless I didnt sweat to much or Im too lazy.

I put in my products on wet hair and pull it back to let it start drying in a ponytail. After about 15 minutes I let it loose because it will dry faster. When its mostyl dry, I braid it up for a braid out and sleep in it like that. The next morning I either wear it out, up in a clip, or in a textured looking bun(high low or to the side) with wavy bangs out in the front. Sometimes I add accessories(flower chopsticks or a cute scarf as a headband) to change it up. With the textured look I dont have to worry about it being straight because thats just not goin to happen with
A. Me living in humid FL
B. The amount that I sweat

I save the straight styles for special occasions. HTH!

Thanks for your responses guys .

Well wearing my hair in 1 doesnt suite my face and becasue my hair just abnout gets in one neatly its not really a option for me.
Because of the thivkness of my hair whn i tie it down it looks like ive got a grwth at thetop of my head and aat the moment i cant find anyone to do single plaits for me .
bieng a youung man means that alot of styles dont suite me or just look to feminin.

ROFL....M. Byron, I DID NOT REALIZE that u are a guy! sorry bout that! As a guy I wouldnt think u would have a problem with messing your hair up! cant u just pic it out when the cornrows start to mess up? how about a little oil or something on it before laying it down with a wavecap or something. As long as u wait till its dry, it should still look pretty neat when u take it off.....

I dont mind usually but as im looking for a job and attending interviews i want to look my best ...

and what does ROFL mean

it means rolling on the floor laughing...I busted out laughing when u said u were a guy and Im trying to tell u to wear your hair in a bun or braidout,etc.

How about applying some kind of pomade to the areas that stick out and then tie it back down with a doo rag or scarf to make it lay down?

Back