Hair Update Ya'll (Pics Included)

0live0il

I found my camera today so I thought why not take a picture (good quality) and see the progress I've made. Overall I'm happy with my progress but I'm not going to start celebrating until my natural hair falls MBL.. :lol: But at least I'm getting closer.

Here's a pic of my hair back in Jan 2012:

Here's my current length:

For those of you not familiar with my hair journey. I have been natural for 2 years and 2 months. I'm giving myself another 2yrs to reach my goal.

HHJ

@beverly, Hey Gurlll :wave: Leave a spot for me for feature of the month in April 2015, please. Thank you! xoxo

Last edited:
Ooooh...pretty curls!! And so glossy. Is the color in the second set from henna? It looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you ladies for all your wonderful comments!

Ooooh...pretty curls!! And so glossy. Is the color in the second set from henna? It looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes, I henna every 2 weeks. Thank you for the compliment.

:drool:
Your hair has thrived! I remember when you first bc'd and I thought you were a hair twin/cousin of mine. Now I'm not so sure. Your curls are rounder than mine and you seem to have little shrinkage. SO PRETTY!

:drool:
Your hair has thrived! I remember when you first bc'd and I thought you were a hair twin/cousin of mine. Now I'm not so sure. Your curls are rounder than mine and you seem to have little shrinkage. SO PRETTY!

Thanks @wavezncurlz - Erm we might not be hair twins but we're definitely still hair cousins :lachen: I have little shrinkage? I thought I had a lot :lol:

your hair is so gorgeous!!!! it looks so thick, is it???? How long is it now??

Thank you @Shadiyah - I have fine strands and what I would consider medium density because when I have a lot of product in my hair that weighs my hair down or when I straighten it.. I'm like woah .. where did my hair go? :spinning:

Last time I straightened it, I was at BSL. I don't plan on going near heat any time soon since I don't really care about my length when it's straight as I prefer to wear my hair curly most of the time.

Great progress.

Aren't you supposed to post a regimen or did I miss that? Either way congrats

Thanks @luckiestdestiny :lachen: I completely forgot. Sorry folks!

I co-wash every other day with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I use Kinky Knot Leave-conditioner and seal with a creamy oil (sometimes olive oil or any other hair cream in the house). I henna, shampoo, and deep condition every 2 weeks. But sometimes I'll co-wash daily, or every 3 to 4 days. It really depends on my schedule/time and how my hair feels.

My hair is 95% of the time in protective styling. I rarely.. almost never leave it out.

Back