Hair update :Pics included

FAMUDva

Hey! I'm a long term transitioner.... right now I'm ALL natural, but I hesitate to claim that honor because of the heat damaged sections in the front of my head :( Some of you may remember my vent after the initial heat damage occurred. You can also take a look at my last update to see where the back used to be with stringy ends.

So the pics below are from the 3-4 days (except the ponytail pic). They range from a flat twist out to my 1st and 2nd use of Kinky-Curly Curling custard.

I had my 2nd "mini chop" on 4/17/2009 (1st mini chop on 2/12/09) and last relaxer was 12/12/2007.

Thanks for even coming in this thread to support and movtivate me :)

3/20/09- side ponytail with leave in condish
3202009.jpg

4/23/09- flat twist out with leave in condish and a little IC gel
IMG00102.jpg

4/24/09- first attempt at using Kinky-Curly curling custard (KCCC) and Knot Today. My hair had white specs in it after using... I must have used too much. Also note that I had to put straw sized flexirods in the front to coil because of heat damage.

IMG00122.jpg

Back:
IMG00118.jpg

4/25/09- The next morning, I shampooed out the KCCC from the night before and tried a wash and go... this time I DID NOT use the flexirods on the heat damaged end. I scrunched instead because I had to be somewhere Sat. morning... so this was my first time out of the house officially with all my hair out in it's "natural" state. I've worn the pony plenty, but nothing like this til now.

IMG00126.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality... most were taken with my blackberry. I'm about to add more pics of how I've been wearing my hair before I got bold enough to go out looking a hot mess yesterday. :lachen:

Your hair is cute!!! Of course you should claim natural even if your hair is heat damaged. You did really well with your transition.

Various other pics of my hair bunned since I don't do it "out" because I think I look crazy with the heat damaged front section.

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

Your hair is cute!!! Of course you should claim natural even if your hair is heat damaged. You did really well with your transition.

Thanks TCatt :) I was shocked after I wet my hair after he did the last "trim"... turns out that was really my BC! LOL! Ended up only being about 1.5-2 inches he cut this month and about the same amount in Feb. I was a little irratated when he was cutting because I had just grown the 2 inches back that he cut in Feb. LOL! But it was a pleasant surprise when I shampooed.

I was afraid I wasn't "natural" because the heat damaged ends are atrocious and almost look like I still have relaxer on the ends. But the stylist assured me it's heat damage and he thinks I should just slowly trim as if I'm transitioning from a relaxer again. We'll see.... THanks for the encouragement :)

I loved your KCCC curl style! And you did not look a mess yesterday.

Your hair is transitioning very nicely! I love your natural hair, especially with your waves and your ponytail.

Keep it going lady, soon you'll blow our mind with your APL curly hair. :)

Very nice FAMU! I love your hair. Another inspiration to transition...
U and DH look great together too!

Thanks ladies for all your kinds words! I really appreciate it.

I loved your KCCC curl style! And you did not look a mess yesterday.

Your hair is transitioning very nicely! I love your natural hair, especially with your waves and your ponytail.

Keep it going lady, soon you'll blow our mind with your APL curly hair. :)

Thanks JL! I guess I should've said I felt like I looked a mess. LOL! It's gonna take some getting used to since I'm so self conscious about the heat damaged section. I guess I have to be patient.

Your hair looks pretty. You transitioned well. Congrats on being 100% natural.
Thanks Caribgirl. Although I'm hesitant on claiming it with the severe heat damage in the front. But it's 100% relaxer free so AMEN to the patience for that :)

Back