Hair update - maybe I'm wl?

leona2025

Hi Ladies! I got my hair flatiron for the first time in about 3 years. I believe I transitioned a year or so before big chopping. 3 years in and I now remember the things that made me relax. I have super tangly hair. I always have even when relaxed it was tangly. Anyway. I've been in braids
/twists for the last 6 months trying to not cut it all off. I think I'm waist length or pretty close. I did my color myself with box dye. I need to touch up my roots again.

Beautiful hair! Looks WL to me. The color is a bit patchy, but still pretty good for an at home box dye job.

Why don’t you try using heat more often? That could be your compromise between staying natural and relaxing again.
LOL yea the color you can't tell it's patchy when I do washngos. I did two application of the creme of natural blonde over the course of a few months but that color was really rough on my hair and I have more I want to cut but will be doing it slowly.

I don't intend to relax. I don't know what I will end up doing. I don't want to compromise my Curls but at the same time due to tangles I don't foresee anymore washngos.

Wow! Beautiful hair! I like the color too. I would love to do that color but I'm afraid I would end up with damage. My hair doesn't do well with dyes. Good job!
Thanks it was a struggle to get it healthy again after the creme if nature. That stuff was pretty harsh and there's definitely a difference between my color treated hair and my virgin hair. I expected all that before coloring and was willing to take the risk.

I do wish I could go back to just black sometimes especially now that I get a lot of braid and twist styles. It was so much work to get and maintain this color that I just wont dye it black even tho its what I wont right now. Plus Im a color addict with red being my favorite. I usually just put red rinses over the color.

Here's a fresh rinse and when the color faded.

Attachments

• 20210111_100956.jpg
    20210111_100956.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20201024_153100.jpg
    20201024_153100.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks it was a struggle to get it healthy again after the creme if nature. That stuff was pretty harsh and there's definitely a difference between my color treated hair and my virgin hair. I expected all that before coloring and was willing to take the risk.

I do wish I could go back to just black sometimes especially now that I get a lot of braid and twist styles. It was so much work to get and maintain this color that I just wont dye it black even tho its what I wont right now. Plus Im a color addict with red being my favorite. I usually just put red rinses over the color.

Here's a fresh rinse and when the color faded.

I have just become an Olaplex convert. I think your hair would be a PERFECT candidate. Olaplex repairs the broken disulphide bonds in hair. It was specifically made to address hair that has been color treated. The product is pricy, about 28 dollars per product, but worth it.

I would suggest Olaplex No. 0 and Olaplex No. 3. The build on one another. I tried it on my natural hair and I saw an immediate difference. My tangles were softened and many of them fell out of my hair with the product. And, I lost 1/4 the amount of shed hair I usually lose.

Last edited:
I have just become an Olaplex convert. I think your hair would be a PERFECT candidate. Olaplex repairs the broken disulphide bonds in hair. It was specifically made to address hair that has been color treated. The product is pricy, about 28 dollars per product, but worth it.

I would suggest Olaplex No. 0 and Olaplex No. 3. The build on one another. I tried it on my natural hair and I saw an immediate difference. My tangles were softened and many of them fell out of my hair with the product. And, I lost 1/4 the amount of shed hair I usually lose.
I'll try it. I purchased the Curl Smith Curl bonder treatment when it was super popular on youtube. I used it twice. It supposed to be comparable or so it seemed.

I'll try it. I purchased the Curl Smith Curl bonder treatment when it was super popular on youtube. I used it twice. It supposed to be comparable or so it seemed.
Olaplex was created by organic scientist who worked on nanotechnology in the form of developing enzymes for the human body. I'll put my money on them and their product! Keep us posted on how things turn out for you, please!

Olaplex was created by organic scientist who worked on nanotechnology in the form of developing enzymes for the human body. I'll put my money on them and their product! Keep us posted on how things turn out for you, please!
It'll probably be a few months. I go back into braids on the 31st and I pretty much only use braid spray and oil my scalp during that time.

I picked up a second job so I won't have time to be doing hair. This will be my 3rd set of braids this year and I usually keep them 2 months or so.

It'll probably be a few months. I go back into braids on the 31st and I pretty much only use braid spray and oil my scalp during that time.

I picked up a second job so I won't have time to be doing hair. This will be my 3rd set of braids this year and I usually keep them 2 months or so.
Good things are worth the wait!

Would Olaplex repair hair cuticles that has been damaged by permanent hair dye?

In theory, yes!

That is what is was developed for: to help platinum blonds keep hair on their heads after extreme hair dye jobs. I say in theory, because if the hair is disintegrating badly, at some point it may become damaged beyond repair. But, if it were 'me', I would give it a try. I'd focus on Olaplex No. 0 and Olaplex No. 3. You put No. 0 on dry, 'dirty hair'. If you have a lot of product build-up on your head, I'd say do the treatment on the weekend or when you don't have to work. That means, clarify on day 1 and let your hair dry. The next day, put on No. 0 and immediately follow it up, after 10 minutes, with No. 3.

Olaplex has zero protein. It fortifies the internal structure of hair, at a molecular level, fixing broken cross-links or broke sulfur to sulfur bonds. So, if you are not protein sensitive, you may want to consider fortifying the external structure of the hair strand with protein. First, do the Olaplex treatment as it works inside the hair. Then, maybe follow-up a week later, if you have time, with a protein treatment. The result is fortification of the hair strand from within and without.

Olaplex has zero protein. It fortifies the internal structure of hair, at a molecular level, fixing broken cross-links or broke sulfur to sulfur bonds. So, if you are not protein sensitive, you may want to consider fortifying the external structure of the hair strand with protein. First, do the Olaplex treatment as it works inside the hair. Then, maybe follow-up a week later, if you have time, with a protein treatment. The result is fortification of the hair strand from within and without.
Whew, honey I think I need some Olaplex then for my poor hair :lachen:

Back