Hair Update! [long post + pics]

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I haven't done one of these in a while!

I'll have been natural 3 years in May, relaxer-free for 4.

A few months before my haircut last year:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

naked hair

picture.php

picture.php

deep conditioning

picture.php

picture.php

The haircut! I cut off about 6 inches, went back a few days later and cut about an inch or so more. I wanted blunt ends! Haircut in late March/early April of 2013:

picture.php

picture.php

I enjoyed my haircut a lot! I loved how springy and chubby my curls were

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Summer came and with it came a growth spurt:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

that fall (did another trim, about 1-2 inches):

picture.php

experimented with braid-outs

picture.php

picture.php

Thanksgiving Day

picture.php

December:

picture.php

naked hair

picture.php

picture.php

deep conditioning (another trim, maybe an inch or so)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

late December:

picture.php

picture.php

the past few months:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My hair today!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Regimen:

• I co-rinse daily, shampoo about 2x a week, DC with my favorite protein hair masque (Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobab Anti-Breakage Masque) about once a week, and trim as needed. I wash and go 99.9% of the time.

I did inversion for a few months during the fall/winter of 2013, and noticed a growth spurt. I didn't take any hair vitamins.

I'm really happy with my progress and going through my pics the other day made me realize how far I have come. There is life after big haircuts! :lol:

Thanks for reading!

Comparison pics: Early April 2013--Today (March 15, 2014)

Last edited:
Your hair is gorgeous ! Please stay away from the scissors lol...congrats on your progress.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Your hair is lovely! You give me the inspiration to keep growing - you seem to be my hair twin - and can't wait for curls that length.

Your wash and gos always look lovely. What do you do for them? Gotta love those summer growth spurts too.

Fhrizzball Thank you! I rake in a mix of styling gel + activator gel. My favorite styling gel is Blue Eco Styler and my favorite activator gel is Worlds of Curls :) Sometimes I do it in sections, sometimes I don't, it depends :3

Awesome progress and gorgeous hair! Why were you cutting so much?

Froreal3 giirrrrl. My first trim post cut was a lot because I noticed my ends thinning b/c I was being too rough with my hair. It looked horrible to me and I couldn't stand holding on to the thin ends. The other trim was accidental, I hadn't intended on cutting so much lol. I'm leaving the scissors alone for a long time :look:

ETA: now that I think about, I think I might have trimmed it one other time as well...I just know I trimmed a lot last year lol

Last edited:
How is it even possible for hair to grow that fast?? You're definitely getting more that 0.5 inches a month. Gorgeous curls! I wish my hair was evenly curly, frizz-less, and shiny like yours. I have to deal with 2-3 very different textures and the frizzies.

How is it even possible for hair to grow that fast?? You're definitely getting more that 0.5 inches a month. Gorgeous curls! I wish my hair was evenly curly, frizz-less, and shiny like yours. I have to deal with 2-3 very different textures and the frizzies.

Thank you!! girl, you want to see some insanely fast growth you should hit up my mom and sister's scalps lol. They grow hair like it's nothing.

Back