Hair Type - Help

pbuckley

Anyone can help me figure this out? My hair is wet with Kinky curly conditioner in it.

And if anyone could suggest some products to try for whatever type I actually am I would appreciate it!

Attachments

• Single Strands for Texture.jpg
    Single Strands for Texture.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Side of head Texture shot.jpg
    Side of head Texture shot.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 92
Cant really tell but a guess on the reaction to the kinky curly and shed hair is 4b with perhaps a smidge of 4a. Do you still have relaxed ends? That can change a lot when they're off and your hair is free to curl completely without the ends breaking up their curl ability so to speak

Do you still have relaxed ends? It may be hard to tell what your hair type is until you are fully natural because relaxed ends weigh down your curl pattern.

Cant really tell but a guess on the reaction to the kinky curly and shed hair is 4b with perhaps a smidge of 4a. Do you still have relaxed ends? That can change a lot when they're off and your hair is free to curl completely without the ends breaking up their curl ability so to speak

Yes I still have about 4 - 5 inches of relaxed ends left

You definitely have to wait until you're fully natural, if you want a accurate assessment of your hair type.

Aside from all that, how much of your hair is actually natural? Because it all looks sort of the same texture to me (which would make your curl type a 1 :look:).

Aside from all that, how much of your hair is actually natural? Because it all looks sort of the same texture to me (which would make your curl type a 1 :look:).

Naw, she has afro textured hair. Check out the first pic she posted. From that pic alone I believe that she is in the type 4 category, but she won't know until all of the perm is gone.

My hair looked like hers when I was transitioning too...the natural hair was a mini fro in comparison to my relaxed hair because it shrinks up tight. :yep:

The kitchen part which is 100% natural has coils, ringlets, and the sides which are all natural have ringlets as well. In the meantime if I don't know the curl type how do I figure out what shampoo and conditioner to use? I have been getting my hair blown out so I haven't had to wash it myself so I'm new to this.

if I don't know the curl type how do I figure out what shampoo and conditioner to use? I have been getting my hair blown out so I haven't had to wash it myself so I'm new to this.
You don't need to know this info for that. What helps to determine what shampoo and conditioner to use is trial and error. All people with straight hair don't use the same con and poo so neither do people with afro textured hair.

What plays a role in determining what kinds your hair may respond best is more so based on how porous your hair is, and whether your hair strands are coarse, normal or fine. But even this has its limits. Trial and error is the best overall.

Back