Hair Style Da Brat sported on last episode of Celebrity Fit Club

eyunka

I have been searching for 2 days of the hairstyle Da Brat had on the final episode of Celebrity Fit Club. I love that hair style and would love to rock it but have no idea where to start

This picture is the closest I have come to what it looked like.

hairstyle.jpg

I know it was a weave just have no idea how to do it:ohwell:

ChocalateDiva said:
Looks like weave IMO. Should be easy to duplicate if you can find some weave with that curl pattern.

HTH

if there was a way i could get my own hair to look like that, that would be great but i don't think my hair is thick enough...

Yes i would need help on how to put the weave in.

TowsonGirl said:
So are you asking for directions on how to put that weave in? Or how to get your real hair to look like that?

eyunka said:
I know it was a weave just have no idea how to do it:ohwell:

I know what you mean - I've been trying to find the pic but I'm having a hard time too. I''m thinking perhaps a combo of different size flexi rods (big ones for loose curls on sides and front and small for the back? I'm losing the image of the style she had. Your hair appears to be long so you could definately play with it and manipulate it as you pull the spirals apart.

When I rollerset my hair tight, I hate the front so I always play with it until until I find a way to pin it in the front and pull a few spirals over the pins so it's off my forehead.

I'll keep looking for you. I actually would like to try this style too!

I plan on playing with it this weekend...I have the red flexirods but i think those may be too small i might have to get bigger ones:confused:
pmichael52172 said:
I know what you mean - I've been trying to find the pic but I'm having a hard time too. I''m thinking perhaps a combo of different size flexi rods (big ones for loose curls on sides and front and small for the back? I'm losing the image of the style she had. Your hair appears to be long so you could definately play with it and manipulate it as you pull the spirals apart.

When I rollerset my hair tight, I hate the front so I always play with it until until I find a way to pin it in the front and pull a few spirals over the pins so it's off my forehead.

I think you should try it anyway. You can't go wrong with flexis in my opinion if you have a enough hair to work with, and the older the curls get the better it looks - to me at least.

Snap a pic when you do it and at least pm me with it.

Hey I know this is not the same weave that she has but its the same principal. This was my first DIY sew-in and all I did was cornrow my hair to to the back in about 10-15 braids. Then I gathered all the hanging ends braided them together and sewed them onto the cornrows. I then took the weave and went around my head in a circle starting on the outside and then moving inward. It was actually a really easy process. Hope this helps.

Sewin4.jpg
Sewin2.jpg

I also was thinking i have these snap on clips that you sew the weave onto and just snap the clips in you hair....i was thinking i could set my hair with the flexirod and also using weave similar to the hair in the pic snap on a couple for fullness...not sure still tryin to think it thru

pmichael52172 said:

It does not matter how i accomplish the style i just want it...just didn't think my hair was thick enough for it. the picture looks full.

JuicesN'Berries said:
Oh..Ummm...I thought you were trying to get a weave like hers......not do it yourself....sorry I wasn't any help.

eyunka said:
It does not matter how i accomplish the style i just want it...just didn't think my hair was thick enough for it. the picture looks full.

Did you read the post I wrote on how I did my sew-in?? If you choose this option you can make it as full or as thin as you want it to be. The hair I used was alot longer I just cut it like that....I only used a pack and a 1/2. And the hair was only 12.99.....this might be the best option to imitate the style that you want.

I have never done a sew-in before so i'm not so sure how well i make it look. What do you think about the suggestion I made about the snap on?

JuicesN'Berries said:
Did you read the post I wrote on how I did my sew-in?? If you choose this option you can make it as full or as thin as you want it to be. The hair I used was alot longer I just cut it like that....I only used a pack and a 1/2. And the hair was only 12.99.....this might be the best option to imitate the style that you want.

eyunka said:
I have never done a sew-in before so i'm not so sure how well i make it look. What do you think about the suggestion I made about the snap on?

I don't know, It might work. I think you would have to use alot of clips to ensure uniformity. And you would need to make sure your curls come out similar to the curls in the weave. I don't know it may take some trial and error. Another suggestion would be to glue the tracks on to a wig cap...pull some of your hair out in the front (rod it up) and wear it like its a wig with the exception of your hair being out in the front.

This is so weard, I saw this as a wig in the BSS this past weekend. The color was darker with light highlights and now I am going back to get it today.

JuicesN'Berries said:
Another suggestion would be to glue the tracks on to a wig cap...pull some of your hair out in the front (rod it up) and wear it like its a wig with the exception of your hair being out in the front.

I see this style a lot it's easy to do it yourself and it looks nice plus you can make it as full as you want depending on whether or not you split the tracks before gluing it

I loved her hair on the last episode it was cute
I just watched her final weigh in again on VHI.com

really...post pics when you get it please.

neonbright said:
This is so weard, I saw this as a wig in the BSS this past weekend. The color was darker with light highlights and now I am going back to get it today.

I have the clips already from a previous hair style i sported...this time instead of sewing the clips to the hair i could glue it won't take as long. The other style i had with the clips it turned out pretty good wish i would have take some pictures.

It's going to require trial and error on this one.

JuicesN'Berries said:
I don't know, It might work. I think you would have to use alot of clips to ensure uniformity. And you would need to make sure your curls come out similar to the curls in the weave. I don't know it may take some trial and error. Another suggestion would be to glue the tracks on to a wig cap...pull some of your hair out in the front (rod it up) and wear it like its a wig with the exception of your hair being out in the front.

I have thought about the making a wig cap but was too scared that i didn't have to skill or I couldn't picture it in my head how to do even tho i have read on how to do just can't quite pictue it yet...i guess one of these days i will get it.

scorpian said:
I see this style a lot it's easy to do it yourself and it looks nice plus you can make it as full as you want depending on whether or not you split the tracks before gluing it

I loved her hair on the last episode it was cute
I just watched her final weigh in again on VHI.com

eyunka said:
I have thought about the making a wig cap but was too scared that i didn't have to skill or I couldn't picture it in my head how to do even tho i have read on how to do just can't quite pictue it yet...i guess one of these days i will get it.

You can try doing one with the cheapest hair that you can find. You can put the wig cap over your hair after it has been pulled back using the wig cap as practice when you're in the house. The best thing about the cap is that you can pull it on and off. Use 99 cent weave glue to put the tracks onto the cap in rows left to right. Once you get your technique down you can buy the hair to do the style and hook your hair up nice.

I had micros in the front and a weave cap from the crown to the back once my sis in law did it it was easy. Practice makes perfect:)

It's either a full head weave or a wig. Just cornrow your hair straight back and sew it in a circle. You should end it at the crown of your head. The circle will close itself up.

gorgeoushair said:
Does anyone know what type of hair that is?

It looks like a water wave. The names vary by brand though. You'd be better off just going to the store and looking at some hair.

I'm just glad she looked like a girl on that episode, lol. She looked very nice and has the prettiest bedroom eyes. I thought Harvey was gonna drool all over the table:lachen: .

Back