Hair Steamer vs Heat Cap

I have a heat cap - Gold N Hot. I can't compare it to other brands but I really like it. It is my preferred method of conditioning. And I love that I never feel hot.

I have a huetiful steamer. Steamers remind me of dryers which I hate :lol: But my hair also does nothing with a steamer, so I never use it. Many people love steaming. It wasn't for me.

IDareT'sHair said:
I have/use both.:yep:

I have the Mastex Heat Cap (3 Speed) and the Pro Stand Up Steamer from LCL aka SalonsRUs

Do you prefer one over the other? Do they do the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have a heat cap - Gold N Hot. I can't compare it to other brands but I really like it. It is my preferred method of conditioning. And I love that I never feel hot.

I have a huetiful steamer. Steamers remind me of dryers which I hate :lol: But my hair also does nothing with a steamer, so I never use it. Many people love steaming. It wasn't for me.

I two don't see any difference with my hair by steaming. I was steaming every week. but it also could have been the conditioner she was using on my hair too.

I have used the Hair Therapy Wrap since I started transitioning and it is still going strong. I love it! I am not attached to a cord and the cap gives off great heat. The heat lasts about 1/2 hour after microwaving for about 90 seconds. I can't compare to a steamer because I don't own one. I would buy this again and again. I can't imagine not having this cap as a part of my hair care.

Do you prefer one over the other? Do they do the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@ChoColette

Apples & Oranges comparison. :yep:

The Heat-Cap is a Dry Heat (like a heating pad). The Steamer is like, imagine a Steam Iron.

There is a constant emission of moist air/water being sent out in the dome of the Steamer, sending out Moist Heat.

I primarily use my Steamer. However, for HOTs = Hot Oil Treatments, I prefer to do them under the Heat Cap.

ETA: I would never want to be without 'either'

I have and use both and prefer the steamer. I feel that both do a good job on my hair, but I just tend to use my steamer more.

Also, I wouldnt classify heat caps as dry heat. I did a little experiment a few weeks ago where I used 2 pieces of the same weave, washed and conditioned both for 20 minutes using the hooded dryer and heat cap... the heat cap hair was still very moist while the hooded hair dried out somewhat even in a conditioning cap. Its JMO though.

I have both and they give the same results. So I guess I might as well use the heat cap since it's easier to use.

---

I have the heating cap - Gold N Hot with 3 settings. I have had it for a while now like 4-5 years and it gets the job done. I can lay in the bed and go to sleep without any noise.

I like my heat cap but as of recent I've just been leaving conditioner in my head for a few days before I wash it out, doing conditioner-wet buns. I need DCing with heat more in the winter though, and after flat ironing.

BUMP!!....i have the mastex heat cap currently, but if NEEDED im considering the steamer, but only if its a big difference...im already going broke from hair related purchases :(. My hair is suppppeeerrrr dry.

I have a Salons R US steamer, Hair Therapy Wrap and a Gold N Hot heat cap. I listed them in order of effectiveness for my low porosity hair.

I have a hooded dryer already that I use when I DC; does the heating cap or therapy cap give the same effect?

[USER said:
Smiley79;20746079[/USER]]I have a hooded dryer already that I use when I DC; does the heating cap or therapy cap give the same effect?

Heating Caps do about the same as a hooded dryer. It is a matter of preference. I have used both. Heating caps are quiet so you can watch TV or listen to music, etc. Also the Hair Therapy cap is heated in the microwave so you can be mobile while you DC.

I have both. A hot head ( microwavable heating cap with flaxseeds in it from Etsy) and a steamer from amazon (just like huetiful but paid a fraction of the cost, works amazingly). I love both but use my hot head usually because I don't have to set-up and break down my steamer, but when I want a really, really penetrating DC, I steam.

Smiley79 it's called Secura S-192 Hair and Facial Steamer. I bought mine on amazon for $59.95 or so, right now it's listed for $79.95 but keep watching it. I had been watching this steamer for a while because I couldn't decide if I should get this or the huetiful, but one day this spring I checked amazon and it was for $60! I jumped on it before they changed their minds, lol. Works flawlessly, so glad I bought it instead of dropping $120 or so for the huetiful hair steamer. Oh and go to Target and get one of those terricloth headbands to protect your ears from the steam (TJ Maxx sells them too). And it's just like the cloth that huetiful sells. Hope this helps!

Back