Hair-Science.com - Loreal's Research on Hair

NaijaNaps

I’ve been doing a lot more research behind the science of hair. I’m usually one to jump on the bandwagon but I also want to know why I'm purchasing a certain product or popping all these pills. :drunk:

One thing this forum has also taught me is to be informed about growing healthy hair. With a simple google search I found a new site by Loreal - http://www.hair-science.com/_int/_en/index.aspx

*Sorry if this has been posted before. I couldn’t find it on a search.

I know PG has a very informative site that is similar. Overall, the Loreal site is still pretty informative but I also like the cool graphics and interactive pictures :look:

From some of the research I’ve done I’ve decided to start taking Omega 3 fatty acids. My hair has been splitting in the middle of the shaft, like straight down for 1-2 inches. The hairs “cement” is made of proteins AND lipids. I may also have to look into the whole ceramides bandwagon. :grin:

“To stay looking beautiful and ensure its strength, hair needs lipids. Some are a constituent part of the hair shaft, others are supplied to it by the sebaceous glands.

The lipid components of hair represent 3% of its composition. Produced in the hair bulb they are formed from sterols , fatty acids and ceramides . They are present essentially in the intercellular cement of the cortex and the cuticle and provide the hair with a certain impermeability and ensure the cohesion of the capillary fibre. In-depth study of the latter point has allowed L'Oréal Laboratories to create Ceramide R which behaves in an identical way to natural ceramides, allowing damaged hair to be repaired.”

Happy reading! :yep:

Ooh, yeah, I :love3: that site!!! And their 'In the News' section is MOST interesting - they are putting a straight up focus on 'ethnic' hair..... :lachen:

Back