HAIR ROUTINE INSIGHT

brownsugarflyygirl

I am really happy to be a part of this community!! I have been lurking for about a month and have learned a lot. I finally decided to officially join today. I havent set any goals yet or joined any challenges but I plan to.

Here is my planned routine for this weekend, and I was wondering what insight/advice you all would give me for improving it. I am one year into transitioning my 4b hair out of my relaxer but I have seen only about 5 inches of growth because I just started paying attention to my hair the past couple of months. People kept telling me breakage was normal...but I felt that I could prevent a lot of it...so here I am. Also, I have decided to not use heat on my hair for the next year. I plan to BC a year from now.

Here is my planned routine for the weekend:

Currently: In Braids: Cornrows for past two weeks

Planned Weekend Treatment:
Friday - Saturday - overnight w/plastic cap prepoo (usually mixture of evoo, shea butter, coconut oil, and Kemi oil...which contains a bunch of essentials)....thinking about adding castor oil or trying it by itself. What do you all think?

Saturday evening - Wash...I use Paul Mitchell Mild Cleanse shampoo...I love it :o) I think I may start using the PM Moisture Shampoo when I run out....(only use shampoo bi-weekly)

Saturday-Sunday - Overnight Plastic Cap with Motions CPR (I know that it has mineral oil in it but my hair likes it...so I am sticking with it for now since I rinse it out...may switch to Aubreys GBP soon though)

Sunday morning - rinse out CPR before church and put in Mizani Moisturefusse....rinse out after church....I use Carols Daughters Healthy Hair Butter as a leave-in....

This week: I will be wearing my hair in a bun (maybe I might try the S-curl baggie method this week). I plan to
moisturize daily with a mixture of Infusium leave-in,
motions-leave-in, and water sealed with ElastaQP Mango Butter...and co-wash on Wednesday...any suggestions on what type of conditioners are best for co-washing...my hair doesnt like super-cheapies :o(

Next Weekend: I was thinking about doing an Aphoghee Protein Treatment..since this week was more moisture intensive. What do you all think?

I figured I would give you all the whole picture in order to get better advice....I truly appreciate your insight...I am learning slowly but surely...

My hair likes this routine so far...but I just want to make slight changes that will improve it....

I cant wait for your responses...thanks in advance.

Hi :wave:

Welcome to the board!

If your routine is working for you then stick to it.

Here's my 2 cents:

I think using Motions CPR (which I consider to be a moderate protein) this week and then next week using Aphogee (which is a hardcore protein) might be a bit much. I know it would be too much protein for my hair.

Aubry GPB is a great mild protein conditioner. I love how it makes my hair feel...though I haven't bought any in a while.

Also not sure if I could handle leaving the CPR on my hair overnight, since it's a moderate protein (in my opinion anway).

In terms of cowashing...my hair likes the super cheapies...the more expensive conditioners make my hair feel weighed down after cowashing. I love any suave or VO5 conditioner for co washing. I guess if I had to pick a more expensive brand to cowash with it would have to be Humecto since it has the slip that a lot of the cheapie brands provide.

Thanks so much...you are probably right about that being too much protein...I have the Aphoghee in my drawer but maybe I will just keep it in case of an emergency...

my hair LOVES CPR overnight...the next day my hair feels so amazing...its so funny that we all have all these different hair personalities with dif likes/dislikes...I tried the SUPER-EXPENSIVE Ojon overnight...and it didnt hold a candle...

Thanks for the insight...much appreciated...I also liked your protein categories...

Back