Hair Revelations....

Cayenne0622

Well, here is the latest and greatest from me.

My shedding has really slowed down significantly. I'm not 100% sure what helped but I do know the Nexxus Emergencee protein treatment contributed and so did my Garlic Hot Oil prepoo concoction.

Just in case you're interested.
1/4 EVOO
3 teaspoons of Garlic & Golden Seal Oil
2 teaspoons of Garlic Oil
10 drops of Peppermint Oil
1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
1 teaspoon of either Africa's Best Herbal Oil or Africa's Best Olive & Clove.
I heat it up, slap it on my dry hair, massage into my scalp, put on my plastic bag and sit under the dryer for 20 mins. I rinse and shampoo with a very light shampoo, none of the harsh sulfates and continue on with a deep condition and final styling. My hair is thriving since I started nurturing it. I noticed the strands have gotten thicker and darker.
Shampoo twice a week and deep condition. I rarely use any heat for styling and pretty much will bun or ponytail it everyday.

NEXT...

MY COMB!!! I didn't realize it was tearing up my hair!!! It has seams so now I'm off to buy a nice wide tooth seamless comb!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THIS BOARD WITH QUESTIONS, ANSWERS, ENCOURAGEMENT, REGIMENS, AND JUST LOVE IN GENERAL!!!

Good for you! Here's mine:

No heat except every 4-6 weeks.

Braidouts,buns, co washs and moisturizing have been my best friends this season. My hair is even softer and managable. Sleeping in a plastic cap on my buns days has helped my hair sprout. I hardly ever use a brush. My edges lay down WELL with Fantasia Gel, raw shea butter or WGO. Carol's Daughter Hair balm is doing great for my ends.

When I wear my down and straight, I can definitely see the difference. People tell me I should wear my hair like that more often but I know less heat and keeping it from brushing against my clothing is helping a lot. :grin:

Back