Hair porosity & health? Please clear this up for me...

metalkitty

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what longer or slower drying times mean. I used Porosity control mixed with another conditioner earlier this week and noticed my hair drying much faster than before and was wondering why? My hair feels really soft at the moment, but it seems to not react as well to conditioning anymore, although that could be because I've been washing more than usual. Its kinda strange:look: . I heard somewhere on the boards that overly (?) porous hair dries slower since the hair holds on to the moisture for dear life. I think thats interesting since my ex- boyfriend's hair dryed pretty fast and he was unintentionally doing the Curly Girl Method and not using a blowdryer, hence his hair being in very good shape although it was probably a type 2a-ish. So, is it a good thing to have fast drying hair or not?

metalkitty said:
I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what longer or slower drying times mean. I used Porosity control mixed with another conditioner earlier this week and noticed my hair drying much faster than before and was wondering why? My hair feels really soft at the moment, but it seems to not react as well to conditioning anymore, although that could be because I've been washing more than usual. Its kinda strange:look: . I heard somewhere on the boards that overly (?) porous hair dries slower since the hair holds on to the moisture for dear life. I think thats interesting since my ex- boyfriend's hair dryed pretty fast and he was unintentionally doing the Curly Girl Method and not using a blowdryer, hence his hair being in very good shape although it was probably a type 2a-ish. So, is it a good thing to have fast drying hair or not?

Before I used Porosity Control, my hair dried quickly. Since I've been using it, my hair takes longer to dry.

Back