Hair Pins Are Our Friends...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay ladies, I've decided to not use ponytail holders for the rest of '09. I've gotten breakage from ponytail holders, even the ouchless ones with no metal thingy on it. I've tried oiling them and using them loosly... nothing works it seems, so I'm trying a new approach to updos. I'm on a protective styling kick and I'm wearing my hair in various updos everyday and I vow to do them all with either hair pins or bobby pins (is hairpin and bobbypin one or two words?:perplexed) for the rest of 2009. Anyway, who's with me???

This can be a personal challenge if you wish, I'm making it my personal challenge :yep:

ETA: You can also use other hairtoys too (ie. Hairzing, chopsticks, combs, flexi-8, banana clip, etc- just no ponytail holders)

Last edited:
I like these Good Hair Day pins. They are smaller than they appear.

Description: Magic-Grip pins make creating the classic French bun so easy, well, they must be magic! This unique pin is designed to hold any length or thickness hair. 10 pins per package.

2065030.jpg

or clear

2065026.jpg

Girl ain't that the truth... I started using those Good Hair Days pins from Sally's that can hold a lot of hair. I use those all the time now when I put my hair up and no ponytail holders. I don't get a bunch of those random hairs coming out that used to be stuck all on the ponytail holder. :yep:

I like these Good Hair Day pins.

Description: Magic-Grip pins make creating the classic French bun so easy, well, they must be magic! This unique pin is designed to hold any length or thickness hair. 10 pins per package.

2065030.jpg

or clear

2065026.jpg
I have those, they are good :yep:

Girl! We are -->HERE<---

No matter what I do, how I do it or where I place it on my head--ponytail holders just are not for me :nono2:

I JUST bought some of those pins last week from Sally's....so I am with you on this challenge.

I will find other means of putting my hair up and out of my face besides a ponytail holder.

I am subscribing! I swore off ponytail holders and even soft scrunchies because my hair broke off really bad from using them. I have those hair pins too. Is anyone going to post pics of their bobby pin styles? I need some inspiration.

I like this idea. I am in. My hair hates pony tails too. It is ate up in certain spots even though I would move the pony around to different locations and never had it tight. I will dig up my hair pins---I know I have a ton of them somewhere.

i love the good hair days magic hair pins!! they hold my hair..and have helped me retain a lot of length..by keeping my hair off my shoulders..and out of those awful ponytail holders!!

I am subscribing! I swore off ponytail holders and even soft scrunchies because my hair broke off really bad from using them. I have those hair pins too. Is anyone going to post pics of their bobby pin styles? I need some inspiration.
So far, I only have the pics in my siggy up, but I will be taking pics of different buns and updos done with hairpins and bobbypins and other hair toys. I must say though, with the styles I do, I mostly use the normal-sized black hairpins with the bulb ends.

Yeah those good day hair pins are the truth!!!! Whether you are bunning or doing an updo they do not break your hair and they feel very comfortable!!!!!!

I have to try and take pics of any updos I wear with these.
I'm on a rollersetting challenge and wear it up often

Oooooh, I am going to buy those pins. I have a hair tie made by... Goody? That my roommate gave me. It is silver and very thick and not ouchless, but very soft, pliable, and loose. I just wrap it three times. I never made real ponytails anymore. I just want my hair veeeeery loosely out of the way. Anyway, this is the only ponytail holder I've never had hair wrapped around, no matter how long I keep it in. I love it and wish I could find a pack.

Anywho, before that, and when I leave the hair tie somewhere, I always use either pretty special pins or bobby pins to put up my hair. Unless I am pin curling it (so in other words when I am pinning it up in order to go outside), I always pull the pins apart, so there is a gap in the middle and they don't squeeze my hair.

I need to find some of those good day pins. They look nice.

I am an updo fiend! Bobby Pins are a daily necessity for me. make sure you don't get the ones that are just coated at the tips sometimes when they get worn out the coating starts to come off and can tear your hair.

Back