Hair pics to put your hair to shame!!!

caribeandiva

Human being
omg check out this site:

http://www.tlhs.org/xtra.html

these women have crazy long hair! and i do mean crazy... what i wonder is how do the care for hair that long? i mean my hand get crazy blowdrying my short hair in sections.

here are my favorites:

l_hair35.jpg

l_hair132.jpg

l_hair122.jpg

Is this 3c/4a hair...even more impressive...

Attachments

• l_hair47.jpg
    l_hair47.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 158
yep.. i think she's the only black person in the whole group. her daughter's hair is cute too. it's in one of the pics.

It actually kind of freaks me out when I see hair that long. :eek: I would never want to get to that point..... It looks scary to me. :(

These ladies need to do something productive with that hair..... like cut it off and sell it. :lol: J/k

HoneyDew said:
All these look pretty gross to me!

ITA. :look: I mean, whats really the point once your hair has reached this length? Forgive me if this is mean, but..... these ladies look like they belong in a circus, sitting next to the bearded lady or one of the other disturbing circus oddities.

KiniKakes said:
ITA. :look: I mean, whats really the point once your hair has reached this length? Forgive me if this is mean, but..... these ladies look like they belong in a circus, sitting next to the bearded lady or one of the other disturbing circus oddities.
:lol: thats not mean, thats just plain funny.

I cannot believe the length of these ladies hair, I am definitely impressed. I wouldn't want my hair this long and some of the women actualled scared me; but more power to them.

KiniKakes said:

TRUE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KiniKakes said:
totally agree! Ain't nothing cute about it!:ohwell:

Hair2day said:
Oooooohhh!!! I can't wait to have waist length hair.:yep:

Now THAT i can deal with.... maybe even tailbone. :) But anything longer than that is simply too much hair for me. It would spend more time in a bun than down, and that defeats the whole purpose of having long hair to me.

KiniKakes said:
It actually kind of freaks me out when I see hair that long. :eek: I would never want to get to that point..... It looks scary to me. :(

These ladies need to do something productive with that hair..... like cut it off and sell it. :lol: J/k

I so agree with you. It's one thing to have long healthy hair but that is taking it overboard. I don't see many opinions(styling) with hair that long.

I think that it's all dependent upon the person. I personally would not want my hair that long, but if others think that they could. I wouldn't knock them for it. It's all a matter of taste. :p

mahogany66 said:
I think anything past the waist is NOT CUTE. some of those ladies remind me of COUSIN IT from the Adams Family..
itt-03.jpg

:lachen:

Exactly. I am trying to in between mid back and waist length. Hair down to your ankles just does not cut it for me.

I agree with you KiniKakes..that is way too much hair..IMO it's not even attractive and they all look like they're in a time warp...it's 2006 not 1976

Goodness, this site has been posted here eleventy million times :lol:
And it always results in a bunch of people making really insulting comments about how gross or frightening they think it is. I think because we don't have anyone on this board with pictures of their hair at thigh or ankle length people forget about being respectful when giving their opinions. Even though these comments aren't being made TO the long-haired ladies, it's bad practice to abandon all tact just because someone's hair preferences differ greatly from your own.

BlackCardinal said:
And it always results in a bunch of people making really insulting comments about how gross or frightening they think it is. I think because we don't have anyone on this board with pictures of their hair at thigh or ankle length people forget about being respectful when giving their opinions. Even though these comments aren't being made TO the long-haired ladies, it's bad practice to abandon all tact just because someone's hair preferences differ greatly from your own.

Believe it or not, I don't find thigh-length hair frightening. *shrug* Thats personally too long "for me", but its not that shocking. Its once the hair gets to ankle length or drags on the floor, like a wedding gown train, that it becomes disturbing to me. :ohwell:

I dont think anyone stated their opinion in a disrespectful manner, actually. It's just that: an opinion. In other threads folks voice their opinions and preferences.... We are entitled to express the way we feel. I dont think anyone said that these women were wrong or stupid or crazy to grow their hair that long... simply that some of us are a bit taken aback by it and wouldnt choose to do so with our own hair.

I agree that if there were women on this board with ankle length hair folks probably wouldnt criticize them as openly. But this is where tact comes in. I may not agree with everything that folks do on here.... just as I know that folks sometimes think I may be crazy for the things that i do (ie, animal products like mtg, miconazale nitrate, etc.) Sometimes folks express this (usually in a respectful manner), while others folks prefer to keep their opinions to themselves and do their own thing. Either way, its cool with me, and i understand that different strokes are for different folks.

I agree with lashay06 and BlackCardinal.
I find it slightly rude and narrow minded that because you personally don't want hair that long, or because super long hair is not what the majority of LHCFers are aiming for, that it is 'gross' and ok to insult.

Their hair is absolutely beautiful!
14.gif
Once again, I'm in the minority and that's cool w/ me b/c I don't mind standing alone.

I know a man who has gorgeous, silky, shiny and very healthy looking, ankle length hair. He told me not to cut my hair anymore and let it grow that long, too. I just may do that if my hair would like to grow that long. :yep: His SO's hair was BSL the last time that I saw her and she said that she was so envious of his hair. :lol:

sherylin123 said:
I agree with you KiniKakes..that is way too much hair..IMO it's not even attractive and they all look like they're in a time warp...it's 2006 not 1976

:lol: i was thinking more like 1876..

BlackCardinal said:

you are absolutely right!

This a hair board where people are free to express "their" opinions..whatever they may be. IMO it has nothing to do with the length of my hair (which by the way is aproaching APL) whether I was ballheaded or at my goal of BSL I still think extremely long hair does not look good..especially if it's just hanging there.

Back