Hair Perfume Spray?

NessaNessa

I know the title is a bit weird, but I have no other way to word it :lol:

Does anyone have a recipe or product suggestion used to make the hair smell good. I love when my hair has a fresh smell to it. I use to use Shescentit banana brulee and receive many compliments about the way my hair smell. But I never reordered.

I want a light spray to use to refresh my hair througout the week. Any suggestions? Please and thank you!! I would love to make my own but am willing to pay!

CLEAN make a hair fragrance, which is supposed to give the "just shampooed" fresh smell, but if you don't like alcohol, then Pure Petal may be your cup of tea. This topic was discussed before but the search engine is sucking right now and even the error message has a typo. :lol:

A few people do use natural oils, essential oils or rose water to give hair a soft sweet fragrance.

When I'm flat ironed I will put a drop or two of sweet orange oil on my denman and jusst run it though my length usually after I coconut oil it :) When I'm just curly my conditioner usually smells good enough so that I don't need anything else.

Thanks y'all!! Im on my way to WholeFoods and will get a few more EOs and attempt to make a mixture. Imma look for the items Nonie posted as well :yep:

Thanks Yall!!!!

Many many years ago during my clubbin days I found a travel size spray at the drug store specifically for refreshing the smell of your hair from smoke filled places. It smelled great and worked good too. For the life of me I cannot remember what the brand was, but something tells me it was L.A. Looks brand.

When I'm flat ironed I will put a drop or two of sweet orange oil on my denman and jusst run it though my length usually after I coconut oil it :) When I'm just curly my conditioner usually smells good enough so that I don't need anything else.

That's such a great idea!

I went to WholeFoods and got the Rosewater and Glycerin mix. I am going to research making my own tho. Thanks Ladies!!

Many many years ago during my clubbin days I found a travel size spray at the drug store specifically for refreshing the smell of your hair from smoke filled places. It smelled great and worked good too. For the life of me I cannot remember what the brand was, but something tells me it was L.A. Looks brand.

I think you're talking about Salon Selectives Air It Out. It did work and smelled good. I got them all the time from Big Lots back in the day.

Hmm...That pink sugar hair mist looks really good. Does it have alcohol in it?

Here is a thread on it

It does have alcohol, but you only need a little bit- it goes a looong way :yep:

Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 39-C), Cyclopentasiloxane, Parfume (Fragrance), Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzolmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, C1 17200 (Red 33), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, limonene, Linalool.

I've bought 8 different scents from www.isleofeden.com

The sucky part is that it took a whole month for me to get my order because the products are handmade (ya'll know how these small businesses do; that's why I went ahead and ordered 8). I was very pleased with the scents though.

My favorite scent is called "Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me" :look:

FROM THE WEBSITE: *Best Seller* Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me
This has been our best selling fragrance for over 3 years now! Freshly-Spun Pink Cotton Candy, Funnel Cake sprinkled with Powdered Sugar, and Delicious Candied Red Apples!

Alexa, who owns IOE, is redesigning the website and the hair fragrance sprays aren't even available :ohwell: - only the conditioner (no shampoo either).

The fragrances are way more potent than Karen's Body Beautiful. Most people think I'm wearing perfume.

Some of the other scents I own are: Royal Blackberry Marshmallow White Cake, Sugar Me Almond!, The Tea Party, Royal Blackberry Marshmallow White Cake

Wholesalesuppliesplus has luxury moisturizing mist that you can buy. Then check out their fragrance oils and add to the mist.

I LOVED the salon selectives air it out! The Chanel No.5 was okay but dried my hair out. I'm gonna try the orange oil trick and look into those other items as well. Great more stuff for my hair!

The Bath & Body Works body splash sprays are light and smell great. I just lightly mist some on. :lick: Also, for those that love the body sprays, they're on sale for $3.00-$4.00 each.

Last edited:
CLEAN make a hair fragrance, which is supposed to give the "just shampooed" fresh smell, but if you don't like alcohol, then Pure Petal may be your cup of tea. This topic was discussed before but the search engine is sucking right now and even the error message has a typo. :lol:

A few people do use natural oils, essential oils or rose water to give hair a soft sweet fragrance.
the pure petal will be a mini splurge for me but i'll def be purchasing by the end of this summer.

I usually use a cowash conditioner that has a beautiful smell like NaturelleGrow Mango and Berries Cleansing Conditioner or there's always hair moisturizing sprays w/ fragrance in them.

Be careful...I had bugs in my hair every time I went out w/ my hair smelling yummy.

But thank goodness for shikakai soap and Ayurvedic soaps which seems to be a natural bug repellant.

Back