Hair One- Cleansing Cream (Sally's Version of Wen)

Okay I got the jojoba one and the olive oil one, they were 12 oz. and 10.99 with my Sally card. I will be back tonight or tomorrow with my review.

Ok here's my review:

I choose to try the Tea Tree first because that is the common demoninator betweeen both products.

1. They both smell the same.
2. Hair One is creamier (silky to the touch) than WEN
3. I didn't need to use as many pumps with Hair One as I need to use with WEN to get the product spread throughout my hair. (I used 20 pumps with Hair One as oppose to 40/45 pumps with WEN)
4. The "tingle" lasts longer with Hair One than with WEN (imo)
5. Upon rinsing out Hair One my hair wasn't as soft as it is with WEN.

The wash out kinda disappointed me so I decided to try it as a leave in....when I retwisted my hair using the Lavendar WEN styling cream with the Hair One Tea Tree as my leave in my twists dried butter soft :drool: and when I drove my daughter to school this morning when I got out of the car my twists blew in the wind...for some strange reason that tickled me. :grin:

I will stick with WEN as my 'cleanser' but use Hair One in conjunction with WEN's styling cream as my leave in. That is a marriage made in hair product heaven on MY hair.

Oh and the Olive flavor of Hair One smells delicious!!! :lick: I used it on my daughter's hair as a leave in and her hair looked nice *and* smelled good.

ITA. I had a similiar experience you did from applying to rinsing it out.

I'm still on the fence with using this for co-washing.... but I think I really like it as a leave-in conditioner.

I'm still on the fence with using this for co-washing.... but I think I really like it as a leave-in conditioner.[/quote]

Thanks for posting this Chardai. Every review helps ladies so keep them coming.

I'm still on the fence with using this for co-washing.... but I think I really like it as a leave-in conditioner.[/quote]

Thanks for posting this Chardai. Every review helps ladies so keep them coming.

I agree that personal experiences and/or reviews do help..

Side Note: You're such a positive, helpful person Aggie.. Very Much Appreciated:yep:

I agree that personal experiences and/or reviews do help..

Side Note: You're such a positive, helpful person Aggie.. Very Much Appreciated:yep:

Awww shucks,:giveheart:. Thank you so much Chardai. God helps me to love others the way I want to be loved and I pray His "mostest":grin: richest blessings for you and may you have the longest, thickest hair you've ever had....sooner than later:yep::bighug:.

:cantlook: "I will not buy anything until January, I will not buy anything until January..."

:cantlook:

me too, or until I run of of products, I'm on a use up all my products personal goal challenge. I've downsized alot but I'm going to cut and simplify much more until I have a streamlined product regime.

Last edited:
Okay, I didn't report back yesterday because it was kinda hectic but after my hair completely dried, it was really soft and supple. I still don't know if I can attribute this to the HOHC Olive Oil which I used to wash and also as a leave in, or my vatika/castor oil mixture I use to seal. On the plus side, with the assistance of my scarf, it definitely laid my edges down and kept my nape nice and smooth. I didn't have to use any gel or anything extra and they looked almost relaxed. I give it a solid 3.5. I just did a quick CW w/AOHR this morning because I was busy but I'll try chelating and using it again tomorrow. I do plan on taking the Tea Tree one back to the store tomorrow though.

Okay, I'm back with my review. So I used the tea tree one first, focussing on my scalp. My scalp has been itchy lately (10 weeks new growth) so I wanted to give it a treat. I mostly used the olive oil one on the rest of my hair. I followed the instructions pretty exactly.

My scalp felt pretty good but I didn't like how the olive oil one felt on my hair, it just felt like it was doing nothing so I added my staple, Dove Intense Damage Therapy conditioner, to the mix and bam, it was like everything just melted into my hair. I really like how easily it washed out. I will say that my hair felt extra moist and supple which was really nice.

I would definitely use the tea tree on my scalp again. That tea tree stuff stinks but it is really soothing to the scalp. Next time I would use the Dove with the Olive Oil one from the beginning. The Olive Oil one smelled fine to me.

Last edited:
I used the Hair One Olive Oil condish today and I LOVE IT :heart2: !! I clarified my hair before using to get the WEN out, so I could see and feel any difference. My hair was soft, easy to come though, just felt great! I would serioulsy consider using this if it was as cost effective as WEN. I know when I run out of WEN there is an alternative that I can use!!

Ok ladies. You've called my PJism out. :blush: I just had to try it, evenafter swearing I would not buy another thing this year. :wallbash: Anywho... I went to Sally's and the girls who worked there knew exactly what I was looking for. They had all four. I smelled them..nothing to write home about but the Cucumber one smelled the best and fit my hair profile the best also. I used it as per the directions and truthfully I really was not impressed either. It went on smooth, BTW I hate the pump thing. They should just have a pour spout for the amount you have to use. It felt like a regular co-wash. I did not like how my hair felt upon washing it out. It did feel drier and not as moist as when I co-wash with my LTR. So it was good to try something new but I will probably stick to my LTR and maybe try the Jessie Curl's Clensing Creme http://www.jessicurl.com/ . I love their Shea Butter Conditioner.:drunk: I'm not fond of the Wen smells either so I definitely will not be buying that. At least the Jessie Curl products come in larger sizes.Some in gallons if I reallylike it. That's it.

The hair one is in a 10 ounce bottle not a 12, You would have to buy even more then you thought!

I dont get it - even if you bought 3 bottles of HairOne it still would be roughly $30 for 30oz vs. $28 + s&h for only 16oz of WEN...

Seems like a better deal to me :sekret:

I'm back with my review of the Olive Hair One...

When I began rinsing my hair in preparation it rinsed very soft :blush: which surprised me because I didn't get that soft rinse when I rinsed out the Tea Tree Hair One a few days ago :confused: I applied the Olive Hair One and baggied my hair for the night. The tingle didn't last as long as it did with the Tea Tree but no biggie...This morning I rinsed out the Olive and it rinsed pretty soft to my surprise, then I applied my Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask and sat under the dryer for 10 mins. I left the baggie on for an additional hour. Once I rinsed that out (man I love me some pantene relaxed and natural defense mask :drool:)then I proceeded to retwist my hair using the Olive Hair One and WEN's Almond Mint styling gel as a leave in...once again my hair air-dried butter soft. :lick:

I dont get it - even if you bought 3 bottles of HairOne it still would be roughly $30 for 30oz vs. $28 + s&h for only 16oz of WEN...

And for the record, it is 12 ounces. So you would get 36 ounces if you bought 3 bottles.

I used the Hair One Olive Oil condish today and I LOVE IT :heart2: !! I clarified my hair before using to get the WEN out, so I could see and feel any difference. My hair was soft, easy to come though, just felt great! I would serioulsy consider using this if it was as cost effective as WEN. I know when I run out of WEN there is an alternative that I can use!!

Ooooh Coffee I could kiss you, you did it right. You clarified your hair first then tried the Hair One. This is what I was waiting for this whole time. Thanks a million honey:yep:.

I'm back with my review of the Olive Hair One...

When I began rinsing my hair in preparation it rinsed very soft :blush: which surprised me because I didn't get that soft rinse when I rinsed out the Tea Tree Hair One a few days ago :confused: I applied the Olive Hair One and baggied my hair for the night. The tingle didn't last as long as it did with the Tea Tree but no biggie...This morning I rinsed out the Olive and it rinsed pretty soft to my surprise, then I applied my Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask and sat under the dryer for 10 mins. I left the baggie on for an additional hour. Once I rinsed that out (man I love me some pantene relaxed and natural defense mask :drool:)then I proceeded to retwist my hair using the Olive Hair One and WEN's Almond Mint styling gel as a leave in...once again my hair air-dried butter soft. :lick:

Excellent review EMJ. I think you and JustKiya are the hair products review queens on this board because you explain it so well. So, uhm, any reason why you DC'ed after using the Hair One Olive Oil conditioner though?

Ooooh Lexib, i forgot about the shipping costs of WEN, you're absolutely right. I like WEN but I want to like Hair One too:grin: so I can have a cheaper alternative if need be.

Okay, I didn't report back yesterday because it was kinda hectic but after my hair completely dried, it was really soft and supple. I still don't know if I can attribute this to the HOHC Olive Oil which I used to wash and also as a leave in, or my vatika/castor oil mixture I use to seal. On the plus side, with the assistance of my scarf, it definitely laid my edges down and kept my nape nice and smooth. I didn't have to use any gel or anything extra and they looked almost relaxed. I give it a solid 3.5. I just did a quick CW w/AOHR this morning because I was busy but I'll try chelating and using it again tomorrow. I do plan on taking the Tea Tree one back to the store tomorrow though.

thanks for the review Eisani. I see the rating just went up. This is good:yep:.

I am hair drying as I type after using Hair One Olive Oil. I could tell the minute I put it on my hair that I will have no problem using this as a replacement after I finish the Lavendar Wen. This went on better and seemed to absorb into my hair faster than Wen and I didn't have to use as much product. The fragrance is not that great but, I can live with that. If I don't have to spend the extrrra and can get the same or better results then this is it!

My Review....

RZ~

So.... I have the olive oil cleansing cream.

What do you guys think if were to use that as cleanser/shampoo, then put on MT for five minutes, rinse and DC for 30 minutes w/heat (humecto), then rinse and a little more hair one as leave-in. Sound like a plan??? :spinning:

BTW, I've never used the MT, and I'm about to cornrows to hold me over on my stretch.

Ok ladies. You've called my PJism out. :blush: I just had to try it, evenafter swearing I would not buy another thing this year. :wallbash: Anywho... I went to Sally's and the girls who worked there knew exactly what I was looking for. They had all four. I smelled them..nothing to write home about but the Cucumber one smelled the best and fit my hair profile the best also. I used it as per the directions and truthfully I really was not impressed either. It went on smooth, BTW I hate the pump thing. They should just have a pour spout for the amount you have to use. It felt like a regular co-wash. I did not like how my hair felt upon washing it out. It did feel drier and not as moist as when I co-wash with my LTR. So it was good to try something new but I will probably stick to my LTR and maybe try the Jessie Curl's Clensing Creme http://www.jessicurl.com/ . I love their Shea Butter Conditioner.:drunk: I'm not fond of the Wen smells either so I definitely will not be buying that. At least the Jessie Curl products come in larger sizes.Some in gallons if I reallylike it. That's it.

DITTO!....don't think i'll be buying more....:nono:

Back