Hair One- Cleansing Cream (Sally's Version of Wen)

Hair One Olive Oil for Dry Hair

Okay, so I'm out of the shower (obviously :bath2:) and I'll wait until my hair dries to give a full opinion but upon application, I barely had it off my fingertips and my hair was already getting super soft. I was in there giddy w/my mouf open and tongue out gigglin and mumbling expletives with elation. I let it sit while I did my other shower duties then rinsed. It felt better going in than coming out (that didn't sound right) but my scalp feels amazingly refreshed, tingly and stimulated! I used some as a leave in and bunned. My hair is still soft but for me the true test is how it feels once dry. I know I've read WEN users say it takes a couple uses to get the full effect and I'm wondering if it's the same w/the Hair One. I'll give it a few more tries and see how it goes.

All in all, so far I give it a 2.5-3 out of 5. This rating may change at some point.

I hope my experience is better than a 2.5 cause I can't afford the Wen but do need a good product to co-wash with:ohwell:

Thanks Eisani, looks like I have to wait some more :boredwrk: but I am a little dissapointed with the low rating so far. Anyway, I'll wait for the final verdict. Did you clarify your hair before using the Hair One con or no?

I'm a little confused:perplexed Isn't the Hair one or Wen supposed to take the place of shampoo?
So would clarifying defeat the purpose because it's a shampoo?

Just trying to understand...

I'm a little confused:perplexed Isn't the Hair one or Wen supposed to take the place of shampoo?

Wen definitely takes the place of shampoo. But before I used it I clarified. I think it's good practice in general to clarify your hair before using a new product, especially a conditioner, so that you can really see how it works. If you have product buildup from other stuff, the new stuff may not work as well.

Okay I am also a RODPJ (Ride or Die Product Junkie) so I called up my local Sally's because they're known to have an attitude..lol... and asked...and amazingly the store associate knew what they were and knew that they were a replacement for WEN. So after I left work; I headed straight over and she showed it right to me. Needless to say I had to control and only get two bottles of the olive oil. I saw the Jojoba for color treated hair and thought hmmmm... but I put it down because I now have 2 ROLLING (3 drawer plastic thingy things) full of hair products. And that's because the underneath in all 3 of my bathrooms is FULL... of hair stuff!!! I had to move the cleaning supplies...

THat's a RODPJ for you... but I'm not saying tomorrow I won't be back trying to get that jojoba one for color treated hair.

My MI ladies... Nina at the Sally's in Canton on Ford Rd knows what you're looking for.. lol! She even told me to tell her if it compared to WEN...

Sidebar: Why are there ever no black ladies that work in Sally's? In all my life I've never went into a Sally's and saw a black woman working there. Just weird if you ask me.

:driver:

you better believe as soon as i leave work tomorrow i'm headin on over to sally's to get some of this stuff. i want to try wen but it's not in the budget right now....

I called sally's and basically she put me on "hold" and I heard her ask someone if the had a cleansing cream. Then she got back on the phone a second later and told me they didn't have. Then I asked if they were expecting it soon, and she said if they didn't have it now they probably weren't going to carry it at all :rolleyes:. I'll swing by tomorrow and check myself.

Okay I am also a RODPJ (Ride or Die Product Junkie) so I called up my local Sally's because they're known to have an attitude..lol... and asked...and amazingly the store associate knew what they were and knew that they were a replacement for WEN. So after I left work; I headed straight over and she showed it right to me. Needless to say I had to control and only get two bottles of the olive oil. I saw the Jojoba for color treated hair and thought hmmmm... but I put it down because I now have 2 ROLLING (3 drawer plastic thingy things) full of hair products. And that's because the underneath in all 3 of my bathrooms is FULL... of hair stuff!!! I had to move the cleaning supplies...

THat's a RODPJ for you... but I'm not saying tomorrow I won't be back trying to get that jojoba one for color treated hair.

My MI ladies... Nina at the Sally's in Canton on Ford Rd knows what you're looking for.. lol! She even told me to tell her if it compared to WEN...

Sidebar: Why are there ever no black ladies that work in Sally's? In all my life I've never went into a Sally's and saw a black woman working there. Just weird if you ask me.

It's hard not to become a PJ when you are a member of LHCF.

I think it depends on the area where your Sally is located. There is black manager at the Sally I visit.

Hair One Olive Oil for Dry Hair

Okay, so I'm out of the shower (obviously :bath2:) and I'll wait until my hair dries to give a full opinion but upon application, I barely had it off my fingertips and my hair was already getting super soft. I was in there giddy w/my mouf open and tongue out gigglin and mumbling expletives with elation. I let it sit while I did my other shower duties then rinsed. It felt better going in than coming out (that didn't sound right) but my scalp feels amazingly refreshed, tingly and stimulated! I used some as a leave in and bunned. My hair is still soft but for me the true test is how it feels once dry. I know I've read WEN users say it takes a couple uses to get the full effect and I'm wondering if it's the same w/the Hair One. I'll give it a few more tries and see how it goes.

All in all, so far I give it a 2.5-3 out of 5. This rating may change at some point.
I got the Jojoba Oil one, now you are making me want to take it back and get the Olive oil...conditioners for color treated hair tend to work on dry hair too. Now I'm confused... I even had to have my son help me choose!:spinning: I know, I know, seek help!

I got the Jojoba Oil one, now you are making me want to take it back and get the Olive oil...conditioners for color treated hair tend to work on dry hair too. Now I'm confused... I even had to have my son help me choose!:spinning: I know, I know, seek help!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: We're here for you AJJ!

Wow this thread has GROWN - yay. I would rate my experience so far 4 out of 5 stars, and I did clarify before I used the Hair One. IA w/ the others that I would like to use it 2-3 more times before my final rating. I am loving the term RODPJ, he, he.

Ladies please walk around the Sally's- cause at my Sally's once I asked about it and they had never even heard of Wen, I was just like never mind I can find this on my own. Only after I found it did she know what I was talking about.

I GOT MY HAIR ONE!!!! the chick @ sally's knew what I was talkin about...but had never tried it. I p/u the jojoba it was the only one that smelled good to me.

I can't wait for this debate to go off so I can give it a whirl!

oh i'll also add it was $11.99 in the store

Anytime you are about to use a new product, it's best to remove any build-up from other products left on the hair by clarifying the hair to really get the most and best out of the new product. Especially if one has been using some other products. Now because WEN and Hair One has cones in them, clarifying I think would be highly recommended. This is why sometimes when we try a new product on un-clarified hair, that it doesn't seem to work effectively. HTH!

Wen definitely takes the place of shampoo. But before I used it I clarified. I think it's good practice in general to clarify your hair before using a new product, especially a conditioner, so that you can really see how it works. If you have product buildup from other stuff, the new stuff may not work as well.
Yup, totally agree.

My Sally's Experience:

Called Sally's 3 times. They swore up and down they didn't have it. Told them where to go look. Still swore they didn't have it. Called another local Sally's. They said they didn't have it.

Decided to drive on up to the Sally's store that I called 3 times and what do I find on the shelf but Hair One. You know I almost went off on the girl. I took her back to the very area that I asked her to go and look. Of course they gave me the "I'm sorry... it's new" story. I told them over the phone that it was new.

Still had to go to the other local Sally's because the first store didn't have the Olive Oil that I wanted. I got with him too because it was sitting right there on the shelf. I told them that they shouldn't be so quick to tell the customer no. Why not walk around the store and look. I was tooo hot!!

Anyway, I brought the 2 Olive Oil bottles left on the shelf and I now have it in my hair with a plastic bag. I'll see how it air dries and I'll follow up with a post.

Long story short... don't take the cashier's word for it. Go to the store yourself.

I guess I don't use as many products as many of you ladies. I RARELY clarify my hair and I haven't done so since last year in the Summer and my Wen works just fine without clarifying before use. I dunno. Everyone's hair is different though.

I am a WEN user that purchased the Hair One product today. I have the Tea Tree, Jojoba and Olive. I will report back with my review tomorrow. First up Tea Tree. :yep:

Anytime you are about to use a new product, it's best to remove any build-up from other products left on the hair by clarifying the hair to really get the most and best out of the new product. Especially if one has been using some other products. Now because WEN and Hair One has cones in them, clarifying I think would be highly recommended. This is why sometimes when we try a new product on un-clarified hair, that it doesn't seem to work effectively. HTH!

I guess I don't use as many products as many of you ladies. I RARELY clarify my hair and I haven't done so since last year in the Summer and my Wen works just fine without clarifying before use. I dunno. Everyone's hair is different though.

I guess what I was asking falls in line with what January stated...

But like she said, maybe it has to do with how many products used or some other factors..

So far the Hair One doesn't feel thick and lush like WEN. I haven't rinsed out or air dried yet. Verdict is still out.

Okay I am also a RODPJ (Ride or Die Product Junkie) so I called up my local Sally's because they're known to have an attitude..lol... ...

Ok being the PJ I am I like this term we RODPJ should use this and I have had this product about 2 weeks and I love the Tea tree & olive oil both are amazing now I got to the point I mix them talk about wonderful slip:yep:. I may try the other 2 cleansers after I finish with these two....Also I want to try WEN as well to have a better understanding since it is the original HCC (Hair Cleanser Conditioner) Daddy :grin::grin:

K, my store has it but that stuff stinks. I couldn't purchase. Wonder if wen smells better.

I liked what Wen did...but one of the reasons I stopped using it was the smell. I didn't like the smell of the fig (cherry cough syrup), the lavendar (medicine throat lozenge), or the tea tree (vicks vapor rub). It was too much money to not smell yummy.

Just rinsed out Hair One. I wasn't impressed. I'll definitely stick with WEN.

IMO, Hair One feels like I had a deep conditioner with lots of cones - meaning, I felt the slip and the softness after I rinsed out, BUT, WEN felt great while it was in my hair and noticeably softer and more moisturized after I rinsed.

I'd rather invest in WEN.
Keep in mind that this is my experience and may not stand true for everyone else.

Because, I'm an avid WEN friend...I must remind you ladies, that the knock-off is only a 55 cent per ounce saving! Okay, that's all...carry on!!!

Hair One isn't a poo, it's a condish like WEN.

I just figured out that Hair One might be more expensive to use than WEN due to its size (12oz). I would probably have to buy more Hair One more often than I would of WEN's 16oz size. If I try to skimp on using it, I'll still lose because it won't work as well.

Back