HAIR OCD...

KrystalClear

So I thought it would be fun to post personal OCD habits pertaining to your hair. Things that you do habitually, obsess over, things you can't stop doing no matter how hard you try. lol

I'll go first:

-I have a ridiculous habit of sliding my fingers through the ends of my hair to see if I have broken ends (probably breaking them when I do that lol)
-I obsess over breakage and freak out when I see any pieces of hair
-I sit on LHCF for hours trying to find solutions to my hair questions instead of focusing on real life at times :wallbash: lol

Now it's YOUR TURN! What are your ocd habits & obsessions that pertain to your hair?

ok im back to talk about my serious OCD, but my ocd is nothing i want to stop lol. i cant stop loooking at my hair, i cant stop swinging it, its so softtttttttttttttt and it smells good due to my everythree day DC with ors and silicon mix mmmm. it lays on my breast lol so nicely that i cant stop loooking in mirror and turning around to seee from behind that it lays 1inch above waist unstretched. its heaveyyy and thick on my head like a mop..

see i have a serious OCD and when i see white girls playing with their mbl hair in classs, you know i gots to play with mine too. ahaaaaaaaaa. <---about to do the "two step")

ok ok ok, its after 3am and im still on lhcf, .... i neeed a man, but until then my hair is my life, well after jesus of course.

ok ok ok im done, i might come back and talk about my hair some more.

i cant wait untill the New York meet up so i can talk to lhcf in personnnnn, its gonna be off the heeeeezeeee fo sheeezeeeeee

Last edited:
*crypt walks into thread*

i dedicated Drake "best i ever had" to my hair, and it goes like this: v v v v
"baby you my everything youre all i ever wanted, we can do it real big bigger than you ever done it"
(literally dancing at computer screan to this song)

"yuda yuda Best, yuda yuda BEst, yuda yuda best,best i ever hadddddd"

iknow im not the only one that dances and sings about their hair, and i know i aint the only one that suffers from OCD ahahahahaha, no shame.

*two steps out of thread*

Last edited:
i have the urge to buy conditioners everytime i get paid.. no matter how many i already have.. i've filled up plastic totes with conditioners and other treatments/moisturizers.. always on the lookout for the "best" conditioners.. i've turned into a walking talking bss.. but i would NEVER sell my goodies.. and of course with buying so many conditioners, i cowash/condition/DC my hair all the time!!! my hair and scalp just feel off if i dont let some water and conditioner hit my head every other day... need my fix lol

I am OCD about my edges. Even if I am not leaving. I'm in the house all day. My edges have to laid down. And yes I do have baby hairs.

I also have a thing about clean combs and brushes. I think I ruin them more by washing them so much. But to me, it is like eating with dirty silverware, on dirty dishes. EEEWWWW

My hair products MUST smell good. I have a thing about smells/odors anyway. I like for my hair to smell nice.

I have a comb that I have had since I was 12. I am 41. But I love that comb. Its baby blue. Blue is my favorite color.

Mine would most likely be counting broken and shed hairs almost each time I detangle to assess whether or not it's out of control. Then I line up the broken hairs to see if they're the same length to get an idea of where the breakage is (if that's possible). I usually notice that it's about the last 2-3 inches where my hair is the most bone straight.

Also, I get very irritated if I see a split end and don't have my scissors nearby. At that point, I'm on a mission to do the search and destroy method the moment I've completed...well, more pressing things. I've even contemplated keeping a spare set for when I'm on-the-go. That's pretty dang bad, huh?:spinning:

.... i neeed a man, but until then my hair is my life, well after jesus of course...

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Adora, you are killing me softly. I was wild about your natural hair, but your new hair is just as lovely. Love it!

OT, I am OCD about SSKs. I carry a pair of scissors in my purse just in case...:ohwell:

ok im back to talk about my serious OCD, but my ocd is nothing i want to stop lol. i cant stop loooking at my hair, i cant stop swinging it, its so softtttttttttttttt and it smells good due to my everythree day DC with ors and silicon mix mmmm. it lays on my breast lol so nicely that i cant stop loooking in mirror and turning around to seee from behind that it lays 1inch above waist unstretched. its heaveyyy and thick on my head like a mop..

see i have a serious OCD and when i see white girls playing with their mbl hair in classs, you know i gots to play with mine too. ahaaaaaaaaa. <---about to do the "two step")

ok ok ok, its after 3am and im still on lhcf, .... i neeed a man, but until then my hair is my life, well after jesus of course.

ok ok ok im done, i might come back and talk about my hair some more.

i cant wait untill the New York meet up so i can talk to lhcf in personnnnn, its gonna be off the heeeeezeeee fo sheeezeeeeee

lol! GIRL don't be ashamed for that swannnngin' your hair! lol I'd do the same thing! You have a lot to be proud of, your hair rocks! And I know I will be on LHCF for hours on end knowing I should be doing somethin else! I need rehab! lol

Also, I need to buy some silicon mix!!!!!

i have the urge to buy conditioners everytime i get paid.. no matter how many i already have.. i've filled up plastic totes with conditioners and other treatments/moisturizers.. always on the lookout for the "best" conditioners.. i've turned into a walking talking bss.. but i would NEVER sell my goodies.. and of course with buying so many conditioners, i cowash/condition/DC my hair all the time!!! my hair and scalp just feel off if i dont let some water and conditioner hit my head every other day... need my fix lol

lol! I thought I was the only one. I ALWAYS want to try conditioners. Shampoos don't make me as excited. lol:drunk:

I am OCD about my edges. Even if I am not leaving. I'm in the house all day. My edges have to laid down. And yes I do have baby hairs.

I also have a thing about clean combs and brushes. I think I ruin them more by washing them so much. But to me, it is like eating with dirty silverware, on dirty dishes. EEEWWWW

My hair products MUST smell good. I have a thing about smells/odors anyway. I like for my hair to smell nice.

I have a comb that I have had since I was 12. I am 41. But I love that comb. Its baby blue. Blue is my favorite color.

I have an issue with this TOO. Recently I was going to use a comb that was a friend of mine's, then I LOOKED at it and was like HELL to the NAW lol. I just used my hands and fingers and smoothed the best I could lol.

OFF TOPIC - your hair in your sig looks awesomeee.

Mine would most likely be counting broken and shed hairs almost each time I detangle to assess whether or not it's out of control. Then I line up the broken hairs to see if they're the same length to get an idea of where the breakage is (if that's possible). I usually notice that it's about the last 2-3 inches where my hair is the most bone straight.

Also, I get very irritated if I see a split end and don't have my scissors nearby. At that point, I'm on a mission to do the search and destroy method the moment I've completed...well, more pressing things. I've even contemplated keeping a spare set for when I'm on-the-go. That's pretty dang bad, huh?:spinning:

BOTH of these things are very interesting! Especially the broken hair session you go through! I may start this! :lachen:

I am OCD about length...Which is why the best thing that could've happened to me is the PS Challenge I'm un-officially in...When I wear my hear straight, I constantly have my hands in my head, stretching to see how much, if any, i've gained...

Split ends...I do carry a pair of scissors in my purse, just in case!:look:

So I thought it would be fun to post personal OCD habits pertaining to your hair. Things that you do habitually, obsess over, things you can't stop doing no matter how hard you try. lol

I'll go first:

-I have a ridiculous habit of sliding my fingers through the ends of my hair to see if I have broken ends (probably breaking them when I do that lol)
-I sit on LHCF for hours trying to find solutions to my hair questions instead of focusing on real life at times :wallbash: lol

Now it's YOUR TURN! What are your ocd habits & obsessions that pertain to your hair?
THIS is an issue for me

I am OCD about length...Which is why the best thing that could've happened to me is the PS Challenge I'm un-officially in...When I wear my hear straight, I constantly have my hands in my head, stretching to see how much, if any, i've gained...

Split ends...I do carry a pair of scissors in my purse, just in case!:look:

I try my best to leave my hair in a bun so I won't look at the length lol. I feel like I will forget about it and one day it will be APL then BSL and so on lol.

Always buying new stuff
Always washing my hair
I talk about hair CONSTANTLY!
LHCF, Fotki, Naturallycurly.com, and Hairlista have all become an addiction for me.

Always buying new stuff
Always washing my hair
I talk about hair CONSTANTLY!
LHCF, Fotki, Naturallycurly.com, and Hairlista have all become an addiction for me.

ME too. :/ I need to stop, the more I watch my hair the longer it seems like it's taking to grow lol

I can't keep my fingers out of it. I keep small face mirrors stashed in secret places in my living room so I can look at while I am watching tv.

Of course LHCF is a major part of my OCD :rofl:
but thanks God for LHCF, I would never have learned how to cornrow, and make a commitment to not touch my hair for 1,2,and 3 months at a time.

Everytime I see someone with beautiful hair I tell them so LOL

ok that's it for now

I'll go first:

Sadly, this is my issue too.

I can't keep my fingers out of it. I keep small face mirrors stashed in secret places in my living room so I can look at while I am watching tv.

Of course LHCF is a major part of my OCD :rofl:
but thanks God for LHCF, I would never have learned how to cornrow, and make a commitment to not touch my hair for 1,2,and 3 months at a time.

Everytime I see someone with beautiful hair I tell them so LOL

ok that's it for now

do you hide it with braids?

:lachen::lachen::lachen: wow, you have OCD, but dont we all? :lachen: and i think its a good i deal to carry them scissors!! shoot im about to start doing that. if you have a split,nip it in the bud right then and there!!!:yep::yep:

i always check my hairs for white balbs, i dont play.

My OCD is definitely being on LHCF for hours when I should be doing something else. O and I've finally become OCD about checking my ends for ssk's and splits so I now have 3 pairs of sharp scissors in close by areas at all times 1 in the living room, 1 in the bathroom, and 1 in my room. I'm just missing one for my purse. Nothing worse than being away from home and finding a disturbing knot or split end and not being able to do anything about it.

I like to play with my new growth CONSTANTLY... even at work when I'm talking to people. I also try to "measure" my ng with my fingers.

Back