HAIR MISTAKES YOU KEEP MAKING!!! ((AUG '07))

I don't protect my hair enough during the relaxer process. I have also started slacking with the protein treatments. I used to do a protein treatment and follow it with a moisture treatment every two weeks:ohwell: I also don't protect my hair at night as well as I should and I wash my hair too much.

(1)I keep Big Chopping at 7 months when I get stressed, I need to just let my hair be and stop chopping my hard work and progress off! (2)I keep buying products that don't do nothing, (3)spending too much money on haircare.:yep: (4) Focusing to much attention on Length.

1. Using products with *cone anywhere in the ingredients.:ohwell:
2. Trying new products when I already have ones that work really well.:perplexed

my mistakes....
1. I comb my hair everytime I go to the bathroom at work.
2. I brush to much
3. I rarely put a scarf on, but I am getting better

Cutting my hair *after flat ironing* because I think my ends are damaged and they are really just dry/no lye hair. At this rate I wont make WL until 2010.

Being lazy and not co-washing when I know it's time.

Not putting my hair up before I go to sleep.

Trying new products when I've found most of my staples.

Dang, wow. Guilty :yep:

Hmm lets see....

-Wearing braids for long periods of time. I wear them 4 months at a time (with touch up of course). Once I take them down and get relaxed, I trim the damaged ends, which is several inches, leaving me at the same length.

- Not being consistent with my regimen while I'm in braids and out of them.

Thats all I can think of for now...

Using different moisturizers thru out the day
Wearing my hair out around the house(w/ a tank on)
Hand in hair disease. I cant stop touching my hair
Not on top of my DC like I need too!!

hand in hair disease

combing

my hair is weaved now so that will take care of the major mistakes I keep making because I achieve good growth when I keep my hands out of my hair :yep:

not eating properly
drinking more water
slacking on the scalp massages
not sleeping on satin pillowcase. I have a satin headtie but it usually come off during the night and then my hair rubs on my cotton pillowcase.
combing more than once a day. . i usually dont do it more than once though.

not moisturizing 2 times a day....I wake up late sometimes and then just go...knowing dang on well I need to moisturize, apply BT and seal in the morning and moisturize and seal at night....I am getting lazy

Girl, get it together....its too early in your BC for you to be lazy....moisturize and BT...then seal:yep:

1. LAZINESS! I'm not on top of my DC's, BT'ing, or my weekly shampoos like I should be. :sad:

2. Setbacks. They ALL seem like a freak accident. :wallbash: grrr. :spinning:

3. Allowing anyone to do my hair while they're mad. :-| I know it should be common sense but some days are better than others lol.

- combing my hair from root to ends. I usually catch myself after doing it two/three times.

- getting lazy and not moisturizing at night.

- not drinking enough water and taking regular vitamins consistently.

:o

tugging at the root of my braids(it feels good/relaxing to me?!) Constantly buying products that i know i can't afford; Replacing my water intake with juice because of laziness;taking scissors to my hair when there is no reason to.

Brushing....! My hairline is getting thin. I really need to stop! :nono:
OMG!! Me too! My edges are in "recovery" and I still can't leave that brush alone!

I'm also guilty of wearing a stocking wig cap instead of my satin one, and wearing too tight ponytails.:perplexed

Back