Hair Mistakes + progress video

AMAKA127

11-13-10 I big chopped and I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions I could have made for the sake of my scalp. As a natural, I have made a few mistakes. I would like to share these mistakes so that maybe someone else can learn from them sooner rather than later.

1. Keeping my hair stretched at all times was something that I just did not comprehend. After trimming about an inch or so of single strand knots, I know now lol. Before I shampoo, I braid my hair in to four sections. I wash each section individually and braid the sections back up before rinsing out the shampoo. Once all sections are completely poo'd, I let the water run through my braids until all the shampoo's washed out.

2. Washing and conditioning my hair in braided sections was also something I neglected until about 14 months as a natural. I have relatively thick hair so clips or washing my hair as one unit did not work well for me. When I began washing and conditioning in braided sections, I noticed my scalp was a lot cleaner and the deep conditioner was better distributed.

3. Keeping it simple and consistent. My hair likes the same products whether winter, fall, spring or summer (plus or minus a few humectants). I do not try new products because I have learned what my hair likes. Plus I am a recovering product junkie :look: (lol)

http://youtu.be/OxM74ArZPAg

Here is a video of my hair journey from relaxed to two years natural. I'm not where I would have liked to be but I'll get there. Good luck to everyone on a healthy hair journey whether relaxed or natural we're all just tryna get that long mane.

Nice progress...both of your hair and you nailing a simple regimen. :up: Your hair looked good both relaxed and natural. Loved your video. :yep: The music, the African print outfits, and the hairdos.... You're a cutie. :grin:

Good progress! I'm glad you figured out what works for your hair. Can't wait to see where you are in another year!

Nice progress...both of your hair and you nailing a simple regimen. :up: Your hair looked good both relaxed and natural. Loved your video. :yep: The music, the African print outfits, and the hairdos.... You're a cutie. :grin:

Thank you! Takes one to know one :yep:

Back