Hair Maintenance Under Wigs/Half-Wigs?

PaperClip

This is my first week wearing a half-wig. I did some big plaits in the back and the front of my hair is out (ear to ear). This week I co-washed the front a couple of times; did nothing to the rest of it. I had planned to do weekly deep conditioning treatments on entire head. Is this useful and/or necessary? Should I co-wash the entire head (which means I'd have to rebraid the back which would take more time....)

RelaxerRehab said:
This is my first week wearing a half-wig. I did some big plaits in the back and the front of my hair is out (ear to ear). This week I co-washed the front a couple of times; did nothing to the rest of it. I had planned to do weekly deep conditioning treatments on entire head. Is this useful and/or necessary? Should I co-wash the entire head (which means I'd have to rebraid the back which would take more time....)

If ever I am washing, moisturizing, etc., I definately do my whole head. If co-washing, why only do the front of your hair? why not let your entire head reap the benefits? I wear 3/4 wigs also but moistiruze daily and rebraid when necessay. They aren't cornrows, only plaits......so they don't take long to re-do. There are a few threads talking about maintenance and 1/2 wigs so if you do a search you should be able to find some useful information. HTH

Back