hair length question

Hi welcome to the boards :) Yes you look APL, WL should be within 2-3 years depending on hair growth and how much you need to trim.

I'm guessing you have strands touching APL or very close.

Er...how long it will take to get to WL? You gonn' skip "below shoulder blade" (BSB), "mid-back" (MBL) and jump to waist? Girl, you in a mad rush eh? :giggle:

I've been here since 2003 and I am still waiting for BSB :look: so if your growth rate is like mine, then my guess is it'll take many years plus 50-11 months give or take to get to WL. :lachen: (OK I BC'd to 3 inches in 2007 so it hasn't taken me 7 years to get to APL :rofl: )

OK, on a serious note, no one can really tell you how long it'll take to grow your hair to any length. It all depends on your growth rate, and how good your retention is. There's also the issue of your growth cycle. People with a 2-year growth cycle may not reach the lengths that people with a 6-year growth cycle can, assuming they have the same growth rate. My advice is not to focus on a goal but just enjoy your hair journey every step of the way coz you will miss those shorter lengths and all the styles you could wear if you don't knock yourself out exploring them while you're there.

BTW, Growth cycle=how long your hair grows from scratch before it sheds
Growth rate=how long your hair grows per time period

Hi! Welcome to LHCF!

I have seen people grow to WL in as little as 2 years from APL. The longest it should take is 4 years with minor setbacks.

your hair looks to be apl with the tail part almost hitting bsb/bsl. and to reach wl it all depends on retention.

You seem apl to me. You've got to get to bsl, mbl, and then wl. I'm not saying it'll take as long as everyone else...it really depends on 1) how fast your hair grows and 2) your retention rate for your hair (are you going to protective style 24-7? I did, see my siggy. In Jan I was a little away from wl (and you can see my time line)...I'm in a protective style again so I wouldn't know when I hit it or not because I won't do another length check until around June/July).

OP I think you are in the best position to answer how quickly, realistically you can get to WL. Think about how much growth you get a month and how much of that growth you retain in a year.

You seem to be touching apl.
like others mentioned you have to account for growth rate, growth cycles, and retention. You also have to factor in your torso length.

How is your regimen?

Anyway happy hair growing

like others mentioned you have to account for growth rate, growth cycles, and retention. You also have to factor in your torso length.

How is your regimen?

Glad you added the torso length/height etc. I'm 5 4 1/2 it's going to take me longer than someone say 5'1 but it'll get to that wl faster than someone say 5'8 (unless they have a short torso), etc. It's obvious but sometimes we overlook that.

I'm a very short person so mid back length is just about waist length for me.
I haven't been really consistent but I was amazed about how much growth I got by just washing and conditioning every week and moisturizing my hair every day. I grew at least 2 inches in 2 mths I think but unfortunately I had alot of hair shedding, my hair was longer then in that pic.

How is your regimen?

I'm shedding alot I was thinking about getting me some garlic hot oil treatments for my hair what do you think?

OP I think you are in the best position to answer how quickly, realistically you can get to WL. Think about how much growth you get a month and how much of that growth you retain in a year.

welcome to the board first off. everyone is saying apl I really think you are bsl at the very end because if you can reach behind you and hold your own hair I really think that is where you are right now. not full but really on your way. I say keep your head up and keep it healthy. I'm waiting on wasit length also lol

Well thank you, and I hope you reach your goal real soon.. Also I thought that I was bsl at first but then I lost alot of hair and I'm like idk lol anyways can I ask you what is your regimen?

welcome to the board first off. everyone is saying apl I really think you are bsl at the very end because if you can reach behind you and hold your own hair I really think that is where you are right now. not full but really on your way. I say keep your head up and keep it healthy. I'm waiting on wasit length also lol

Well thank you, and I hope you reach your goal real soon.. Also I thought that I was bsl at first but then I lost alot of hair and I'm like idk lol anyways can I ask you what is your regimen?

for one I wear my hair out curly everyday. I co wash or if I use shampoo that day I use mixed chicks shampoo and deep conditioner. I co wash with the deep conditioner I love it. I put the mixchicks leave in on my wet hair and wait for it to dry and then fluff it up a little to get the look I want. at night I use hairveda whipped ends and plait my hair into 3 plaits and cover it with a silk bonnet scarf. I don't use a comb nor brush in my hair I use my fingers to do every thing. I don't use heat on my hair at all. I use henna in my hair like every 3 weeks or so and use conditioner to clean it out my hair. if I don't feel like wearing my hair out I will keep it in the plaits and tied up for that day. like tonight I put olive oil all in my hair and plait it back up because I plan on washing my hair with the shampoo. I love how my hair turns out with the products that I am using right now so I am not doing anything else at this time. when my curls hang over my shoulders that day I will pin them up so they are not on my clothing

Back