Hair is extremely dry!!! ... kind of long

lnhair

My hair is extremely dry. I thought it might be the shampoo and conditioner that i was using. I was using mane and tail. I thought that they had a lot of protein and it was drying out my hair. So i switched to Suave Humectant until i could think of something better to use. It was still extremely dry. I then thought maybe it was my moisturizers. I tried BB oil moisturizer and I was using motions oil moisturizer before that. It wasn't helping. I am now using ors carrot oil. I washed with VO5 a week and a half ago and i added the ors carrot oil and twisted up my hair. At the time i did my hair it was extremely moisturized and soft. My mom commented on how soft and moisturized it was. but it is extremely dry now. Do you think that i need to do a deep condition? I need help. It is so dry that i believe that it might break off. I been taking down braids to check and rebraiding. Is that crazy or what?

girl - the only thing that helped my hair when it was in that extremely extremely dry state was baggying. It save my hair. It seemed no matter what I used that was so moisturizing it did not work/penentrate until I started baggying and of couse clarifying too!!! NOw the moisture level is fantastic!!!

I agree w/ all the posst so far. I baggie at night w/ a cream and then a oil sealant. I add a little spray of water in the baggie and my hair stays moisturized. I do this daily. I also use DPR w/olive oil & honey. U can find other conditioners that work just as well. The problem may be some ingredients like cones which I try to avoid a lot of. I also don't like to use conditioners w/ a lot of cones. DPR has DImethicone but it is far down the list. Try baggie method, deep conditioning, and protective styling and u should get moisture. And always check the ingredients as some may cause dryness over the long haul.

Sometimes when I condition and condition and my hair is still dry the only thing that works is to clarify and or hard water removal for my hair. I would start with this and then deep condition. Works for me like a charm!

HTH

I will try DPR. How much is it? Can it be used on natural hair? Someone asked when was the last time I deep conditioned. Well it was in August. Is this to long to go without deep conditioning? Thanks ladies :)

lnhair said:
I will try DPR. How much is it? Can it be used on natural hair? Someone asked when was the last time I deep conditioned. Well it was in August. Is this to long to go without deep conditioning? Thanks ladies :)

I deep condition every week.....:look:

Back