Hair India, Remy Hair and the Head of the believer! lol!

Would you use Indian hair knowing the spiritual process it goes through?

• Definitely not!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Definitely! Spiritual process not an issue.

• Already do! Have it in now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will not now that I know.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nissi

Someone brought this up in the main thread, and I wanted to throw it out for discussion here (let me know if this is addressed in another thread). I haven't looked through the whole thing, because after a minute I do not like to expose myself to certain spirits for an extended period of time, but this issue and even before Chris Rock's video has caused me to decide not to put Indian hair in my head (even though I love weaves and wigs). If I knew the donor was a Christian, would I use the hair? Definitely! :yep:

This is not to throw stones at those who do, from the perspective of a believer (will address Scriptures a little later after some research) but I wanted to discuss as I found this very interesting to consider! Check it out and share your feedback, especially Scripturally based! HHG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XOxXXTRDyA&feature=feedlik

Someone brought this up in the main thread, and I wanted to throw it out for discussion here (let me know if this is addressed in another thread). I haven't looked through the whole thing, because after a minute I do not like to expose myself to certain spirits for an extended period of time, but this issue and even before Chris Rock's video has caused me to decide not to put Indian hair in my head (even though I love weaves and wigs). If I knew the donor was a Christian, would I use the hair? Definitely! :yep:

This is not to throw stones at those who do, from the perspective of a believer (will address Scriptures a little later after some research) but I wanted to discuss as I found this very interesting to consider! Check it out and share your feedback, especially Scripturally based! HHG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XOxXXTRDyA&feature=feedlik

I'll watch the vid but what do you mean? In the similar sense that someone I know believes that aspirin and acetaminophen are "spirits" and that "one should be careful in how they are used." If someone believes something is evil, then he should not partake period, right? That's what I mean...how exactly do you mean that statement? I'm aware of not being a stumbling block but it depends upon the situation. What do you think your witness is (or for any of us cuz I've used weave for microbraid :giggle: so I'm not judging)? Pretty good thread making us wonder:yep::
1 Corinthians 8:4–13

4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that t“an idol has no real existence,” and that u“there is no God but one.” 5 For although there may be vso-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— 6 yet wfor us there is one God, the Father, xfrom whom are all things and for whom we exist, and yone Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and zthrough whom we exist.
7 However, not all possess this knowledge. But some, athrough former association with idols, eat food as really offered to an idol, and btheir conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 cFood will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do. 9 But take care dthat this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block eto the weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating3 in an idol’s temple, will he not be encouraged,4 if his conscience is weak, to eat food offered to idols? 11 And so by your knowledge this weak person is fdestroyed, the brother for whom Christ died. 12 Thus, sinning against your brothers5 and gwounding their conscience when it is weak, hyou sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, iif food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

Last edited:
My hairdresser brought this up to me years ago about praying over weave. I thought she was crazy then, but once I started studying spiritual warfare and how spirits can attach themselves to objects, it began to make sense.

Now before I get my installs I pray over my hair. :yep:

ETA: Btw...I didn't watch the video. So I can be totally off topic..lol

I do the samething. Actually, I pray over every single item that I own (milk, cookies, etc). You never know in this day and age.

My hairdresser brought this up to me years ago about praying over weave. I thought she was crazy then, but once I started studying spiritual warfare and how spirits can attach themselves to objects, it began to make sense.

Now before I get my installs I pray over my hair. :yep:

ETA: Btw...I didn't watch the video. So I can be totally off topic..lol

People will still justify still wearing it.

You might as well thank Lord Krishna for your weave.

I'll watch the vid but what do you mean? In the similar sense that someone I know believes that aspirin and acetaminophen are "spirits" and that "one should be careful in how they are used." If someone believes something is evil, then he should not partake period, right? That's what I mean...how exactly do you mean that statement? I'm aware of not being a stumbling block but it depends upon the situation. What do you think your witness is (or for any of us cuz I've used weave for microbraid :giggle: so I'm not judging)? Pretty good thread making us wonder:yep::
1 Corinthians 8:4–13

4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that t“an idol has no real existence,” and that u“there is no God but one.” 5 For although there may be vso-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— 6 yet wfor us there is one God, the Father, xfrom whom are all things and for whom we exist, and yone Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and zthrough whom we exist.
7 However, not all possess this knowledge. But some, athrough former association with idols, eat food as really offered to an idol, and btheir conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 cFood will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do. 9 But take care dthat this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block eto the weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating3 in an idol’s temple, will he not be encouraged,4 if his conscience is weak, to eat food offered to idols? 11 And so by your knowledge this weak person is fdestroyed, the brother for whom Christ died. 12 Thus, sinning against your brothers5 and gwounding their conscience when it is weak, hyou sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, iif food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

Interesting point of view about aspirin! :look: hey, who am I to say? Your Scripture is exactly the one I had in mind, but was working so couldn't be on here too long...

I mean not all weave is Indian in origin, of course the Chinese had it on lock forever before the Indians just popped up recently. But there is Malaysian hair, Peruvian/Spanish hair, Brazilian hair (rare), European hair that doesn't have that spiritual attachment. Do I really trust what those other folks are doing with the hair? I guess not, deep down, but it's easier for me to sanctify the hair and pray over it having no prior knowledge of where it has been. Hey for that matter, I don't patronize certain Asian establishments (food or nails) if I see a Buddhist shrine prominently displayed. Because if they are intentional about their spirituality, then so am I. If I found out after beginning the manicure, that the manicurist was a Buddhist, would I yank my hand back? And if I found out that the Chinese food I was eating was from the place I know there is a shrine, would I stop? No, but I would make an effort to witness to the manicurist and pray intentionally over the food. But that's just me. Just putting it out there for discussion, since this is a hair board, and we in the Christian section. :lol: HHG!

Last edited:
People will still justify still wearing it.

You might as well thank Lord Krishna for your weave.

You're right, if they want to wear it, and the hair is gorgeous so I understand, they will do what they want. No stones, but I know better.

I hear where you're coming from, but on the real, I will only be giving verbal acknowledgment to Jesus for my blessings, and especially when it comes to beauty and hair... Power of life and death is in the tongue, as per Proverbs...

Hmm ever since I learned about where Indian hair came from (as far as how it got to become a weave- I knew it came from India lol) I've thought about this and whether or not I'd wear any. I know that there's the possibility of anything with human hair, but I don't think I'll get any Indian - just knowing that.

Back